Inspired Contributor
Trekkie7
0 Kudos

old saved bookmarks GONE?

I went to website right after update (to chrome) and all my saved bookmarks are gone.  I have several important ones I need.  How do I get them back.  There is no option under the new bookmarks.

Bibliophile
laurieb52

Re: old saved bookmarks GONE?

Open the chrome browser, then tap on the 3 squares at the top right, then tap on settings, then tap on the 3 squares at the top right again to get the import bookmarks option. Then tap on the option to import bookmarks from android device. You may receive a failed to import message,but when you go to the bookmarks page, most of your prior HD bookmarks should be there. You may have to re- enter some previously  saved passwords though.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Tap on the 3 squares at the top right. That's the Menu.

Choose 'Options' or perhaps it's named 'SEttings'.

Tap on the 3 squares again.

You should get an option to 'Import Bookmarks'. Import and they should show up.

Inspired Contributor
Trekkie7
0 Kudos

Thank you SO much. I owe you. It said error but they were there. I knew everything about nook, even taught at work. Then some brilliant idea to throw this with no warning to us. Guess I have to find out how to use. I don't even have a button bar at bottom. Thanks again.
Frequent Contributor
afear43
0 Kudos

I was so excited when I saw this thread, i  was having the same issues. However when i followed these instructions my import failed.  Any suggestions?   Thanks so much!

Would like nook friends,also on goodreads
Frequent Contributor
afear43
0 Kudos

Ok Yay! 3rd times a charm! All set there, now if I could figure out why none of my angry bird apps are working, sigh.
Would like nook friends,also on goodreads
Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

If you find you dont lije Chrome, there are some other browsers out there too, Dolphin and Puffin are the ones others are talking about. Theres a thread around here called "Chrome Sucks" and some others with Dolphin in the title where users are discussing the merits. 

Re: Angry Birds, someone mentioned elsewhere that you need to archive and unarchive it to get them to work.  You lose your progress, but oh well....

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

afear43

1) It always give 'import failed' message. But it imports bookmarks. 

2) Angry Birds will only work after you Move to Cloud and then re-download. All game data will be lost. Apps will work.

Correspondent
cybersmoke53
0 Kudos

Thank You!!!

All my bookmarks pulled into Chrome.  I still miss article view and Flash, but Dolphin and Firefox will do flash.