New User
kitkat

shop wishlist broken

MY nook shop wishlist is broken and now all bn wants me to do is erase and deregister or hard reset. Eighth way this will screw my kids game levels and force tedious downloads. Any solutions other than these would be great.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Re: shop wishlist broken

What's "broken" with your shop wishlist? Is it more broken than the rest of ours?:smileyvery-happy:

Seriously, if you think it's broken because it isnt syncing to web shopping wishlist or the wishlist on another device, you are in the same boat as the rest of us. (unless somethings changed recently and I missed it. Which is always possiible...)

Am sure if you go over to the Issues board, there is probably a request to fix it already started. Give it a kudo to indicate that you too would like to see it fixed. 

If it's "broken" in some other way, provide some more details and maybe someone will have some suggestions.

New User
kitkat
0 Kudos

No, actually mine is so broken I cannot even see it on my own Nook. So the company wants to hard reset or erase and deregister to fix the problem.  It's not a sync problem, it's an access-on-Nook problem. 

Contributor
kurleygirl
0 Kudos

There are several threads out there addressing this same issue and I am going to post this response on every one of them!  I am really pissed about this issue, especially since it has obviously been a problem for a very long time.  Even if B&N won't admit it. 

I had the same problem with my ~1 year old Nook Color about 2 months ago.  I took it into a store, and the employee claimed she had never heard of this problem before.  After great wringing of hands, she said the only solution was to reset the Nook.  I reluctantly agreed; I use the Wishlist to not only show new books I am interested in, but to queue up the next installment of many series I am reading.

After a couple of weeks of FINALLY reassembling my wishlist, my list of internet bookmarks, and my shelves, the Wishlist started acting up again, then finally crapped out.  This time I tried the chat support option.  The support hack I spoke to spent 20 minutes going through all the 'usual' solutions: turn it off then turn it on, turn it off for 10 seconds then turn it on, blah, blah, blah he said that this is a recurring server problem that Tech is 'working on'.  He couldn't say how long they have been working on it, or how long until they expected to solve it.  He said the only thing he could suggest was to reset it and hope they solve the problem before the Wishlist craps out again.  I asked him, if I choose not to reset and live without the Wishlist on the Nook, how would I know when the problem was fixed, he said try it every couple of days!!!  Seems to me this is not a day-to-day problem.

So now I am left using the Nook wishlist online, which is a GREAT pain in the butt, and combined with B&N's policy of advertising 50% off books that aren't actually half their regularly advertised price and crappy deceptive support, wishing I had bought a Kindle.

Wordsmith
AlbionRose
0 Kudos

Have you posted this issue on the issues board as well? http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Issue-Reporting/idb-p/newNOOIssueReporting.

Allegedly B&N monitor that forum...:smileyhappy: