Frequent Contributor
jrlt
0 Kudos

stuck app icon from playstore

I downloaded and installed ea games pogo.com games app. It wouldnt open so I uninstalled it. Now I have a stuck icon in my apps section of my HD+. How do I get rid of the icon? The only options it gives me are add to home or sheff when i long press on it.

So ready for this to be the end, for this to be the twilight of your life, though your life has barely started. You’re ready to give up everything. - Edward Cullen
Bibliophile
5ivedom

Re: stuck app icon from playstore

Restart your Nook.

Frequent Contributor
jrlt
0 Kudos

I have several times.

So ready for this to be the end, for this to be the twilight of your life, though your life has barely started. You’re ready to give up everything. - Edward Cullen
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Try to unarchive from website. And then archive from Nook.

Frequent Contributor
jrlt
0 Kudos

It was one i got from the playstore

Inspired Contributor
needsomenookie
0 Kudos

I have one that is stuck just like yours. It's called Dream Fish. I was looking for a soothing bubbly aquarium to sit on my desk and this ain't it. I've tried 5ivedom's suggestions too but i still have this stupid looking fish icon that won't go away. 

Glub Glub Glub :smileytongue:

I've been along for the ride...have owned:
Nook Simple Touch
Nook Color
Nook Tablet
Nook HD+
Wordsmith
AlbionRose

Have you tried going back into the google play store, searching for the app you want to clear and when you have found it tapping on the uninstall button?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

What Albion Rose said.

What happens when you press and hold on the app's icon? Do you not get a Menu with Uninstall or Archive option?

Also, you could get an App Manager app that lets you uninstall quickly and easily.

Frequent Contributor
jrlt
0 Kudos

It said it uninstalled. Im just stuck with an empty icon that i can put on a shelf or the home screen

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

So you have a stuck icon. I think you'll just have to ignore it. There's a known problem where deleted books and songs still show up if they are on SD Card. Perhaps you're seeing something similar for apps, albeit not on an SD Card.