Contributor
Ladyneat
0 Kudos

two accounts one nook

I looked and searched before posing this question. I have seen many with multiple nooks and one account but I have two accounts and one nook hd+. I set up an adult profile but it does not seem to have an option to log that profile into a seperate account. Any help is appreciated.
Bibliophile
bklvr896

Re: two accounts one nook

You can't register a device to two accounts. You would have to unregister it from the first account and register it to the 2nd account. You'd lose all the the books from the first account when you did this. You could register it to one account and sideload the books from the 2nd account.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

What bklvr said.

The 'accounts' that HD provides are all under 1 main 'B&N account'.

There's no provision to have SEPARATE B&N accounts on one device.

Distinguished Correspondent
AikiPen

Too bad. I've been looking at getting the HD because of the ability to create child accounts. Both my kids have nook 1st edition wi-fi devices. I was thinking I could have multiple accounts and an HD device would be a great way to administer my kids accounts (their accounts are tied to my CC so I have full control over their accounts!). Alas no, still wouldn't hate the HD for Mother's Day but I'm not hinting as hard to the family.

Bibliophile
5ivedom

That is a good feature suggestion. To let a user with a Nook HD or HD+ control Color and Tablet devices.

It's not there yet.

Frequent Contributor
TriscuitCracker

I have done this for customers a few times, its an exception to the rules, not something we advertise,  but if you go in to a store and explain the situation to the Nook person, they can call customer support for you. Bring the nook and also have handy the email addresses, passwords and credit cards on both accounts. Pick which account you want to be your permanent account. The Nook person can call customer support and ask to speak to a higher level tech support person than normal, like a supervisor and explain for the customer what they want, which is to transfer all the books from one account to the other, then delete the old account. This has high fraud/security potential and is apparently a pain to do on their end, but it IS possible, I have done it on five separate occasions. The customer has to be there to verify over the phone who they are and the address/credit cards on both accounts before they will attempt it.  If they say they can't, they are lying or misinformed as to their own capabilities. Just keep asking to speak to someone higer up. This is not someting I was taught, I happened to ask this while on a customer service call and a nicer tech support person informed me it was possible just rarely done.

Once the procedure is done, all the books should start popping up on your nook in the correct account after a refresh and you can use different profiles however you wish. It may take a few days for all the books to pop up due to networking difficulties.

Hope this helps!

Distinguished Correspondent
AikiPen
0 Kudos

Thanks TriscuitCracker, good to know.

Here is what I really want from the HD and its profiles.

I currently administer 3 full nook accounts, mine, son's, daughter's (My credit card is in the account, you bet I'm having full access).

I would like to set up my account in the HD as owner/parent/admin, I would like to be able to set up each of the kid's accounts under their name and link to their nook accounts. Basically each person with a profile on the device would have to enter a password to log on to get access to their stuff.

I understand this is not how it works, but a mom can dream, right?

New User
Tech_Mex
0 Kudos

This is what my and my Father's understadning was about the new HD and HD+.   Unfortunately, we found out that we were mislead not only by the advertisements but by the NOOK techs as well.   What we believe is the issue is the misunderstanding of terms from other people believing to be smarter than everyone else.   What we have decided that we are going to have to do, until Barnes and Noble or whatever developer is in charge of the programming for the NOOK franchise,is to do like what you are currently doing or to have one credit card but mulitiple NOOKs.   We understand your frustration as we are currently as frustrated as you for being mislead!

Bibliophile
bklvr896

Mislead or misunderstood? I would lean towards misunderstood. The idea behind the profiles was to avoid families having to buy multiple copies of the same apps or books, but without having to have everything on everyone's Nook. There's no benefit to intentionally misleading anyone on this because one wold assume that the user would figure this out immediately and simply return it because it didn't do what you thought it would. In fact, I'm not aware of any device that does what you want it to do,
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

What bklvr said.

The scenario and usage case you are talking about is very different from what B&N advertises it as. If you see the Family ad where everyone is doing different things, it's sort of implicit that it's a family sharing one credit card.

I can understand the confusion. However, it's definitely 'misunderstood' and not misleading.

Also, this is the first time in 6 months on the forums since HD and HD+ came out I've seen a thread regarding this.

Contributor
Ladyneat

In my case it is not where the other person who i am sharing with would have the same credit card/payment. My roommate wanted to try a nook book with enhanced content before buying a newer nook. She has n1e. I told her that it had the ability for seperate profiles and she was welcome to use my nook. Once we found that there was not a way to add her account she bought an HD off QVC it was a great deal of $169 16gb with apps & extra content + cover. i would ask barnes and noble to consider letting each profile have their own accounts in the future. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom