(I am using a 32GB scandisc class4 micro SD card as recommended.)
Ghost picture, song and video files can appear in the built in Gallery and Music Player apps. These are duplicate copies of songs, pictures and videos stored on an SD card that won't play.
Music - if you tap on a ghost, the device skips to the first music file it can play in that album or 'sorry the player does not support this type of audio file' message if whole album is a ghost;
Photo - Gallery shows two or three thumbs of the same photos and blank spaces - you may only see a scattering of pictures interspersed with blank spaces rather than the more usual solid grid of thumbnails. When you click onto a photo to view in full screen, the bar at the bottom of the device shows gaps in the thumbs available for viewing and if you swipe the screen to move to the next photo you get 'Thumbnail not available' message on black screen for the ghosts
Video - Seems to be an 'unsupported' message that comes up when you click on the ghost.
This seems to happen when:
- Swapping SD cards over with different file hierarchies, even though I powered down/unmounted before removing sd's;
- Replacing SD card with same hierarchy as used before;
- Trying to create a play list, though it may well be that I had tried to include a music file that had been corrupted during the 'write to SD via USB and device on 2.0.4' process;
- The music player glitches or becomes unresponsive. When you close and open it again, you have ghosts.
-The browser becomes unresponsive. Again, when you close and open you have ghost music, photo and video files.
- Accidently copying a zip file to sd via device usb;
These problems are not experienced when the files are stored on device storage.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.