Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
PinwheelBooks
0 Kudos

Do books look different in the NOOK kids?

Hi there, 

I'm trying to decide whether I should get a regular NOOK or a NOOK kids if I'm mostly going to use it to view children's books. Is the quality of the images any different? 

Thanks!

Pinwheel Books

The Crazy, Little ABC Book

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

Re: Do books look different in the NOOK kids?

Many NOOK Kids ebooks can't be read on the NOOK at all because they were made specifically for the NOOKcolor, such as the NOOK Kids Read to Me books.

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

For equipment choices, you have the original e-ink nook (sometimes called by the forumers as nookclassic.  Then there is the newer NOOKcolor.  To clarify, there is no nookkids e-reader, but the NOOKcolor does read nookkids books.  (i think the last part is what you may have been getting at)

The original is black and white and the nookcolor is, well, in color :smileyhappy:

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Frequent Contributor
rmo56

If childrens books are your main concern, than Nook Color really is the way to go. I mean the illustrations are so much better when in full color!

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

But before you rush out and buy one, please read the concerns of SarahF11:  http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Kids/Lots-of-layout-problems-w-the-kids-books/m-p/913856...

I'm speaking a little out of turn here because I don't even own a Nook, but the kinds of layout issues Sarah describes seem like a big deal to me.

Jeff

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

My book is on Kindle as well as here. My character is under four years old and her hair is gray.

It was wonderful to watch the color pictures appear as if by majic during the preview after I uploaded.

I'd get a color nook in a heartbeat.

Sorry to talk about the book, but it shows the difference I hope.