Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
normysmom
0 Kudos

First Actual Page on Kid's Books Samples

Just throwing this to the wind:

I love my NookColor.  For an adult, the NookShop provides me with adequate information to make purchases for myself, however...

It would be REALLY helpful if all "samples" of kid's books, especially those expensive (but fun) Read To Me books, would include the actual first page of the story instead merely of the title page and possibly the publication page.

I like to preview the type/quality of illustrations and the size/amount of text per page, and the amount of text per page to get a feel if the book is appropriate for my 5 year old.  And, as someone else mentioned, it would be great to be provided the number of pages via the Nook Shop on a consistent basis.

If you buy children's books on the Nook Shop, please start reviewing them and include information about those types of things mentioned.  I will do the same so we can help one another! ;0)

Nothing like a fire, a cat and a good Nook!
Frequent Contributor
CodyFord
0 Kudos

Re: First Actual Page on Kid's Books Samples

I agree.

The sample pages for most B&N books aren't very useful. Since the samples are automated, there isn't much to be done on our end. :-(

That's why I posted a small sample on my website. The sample file is basically useless. It just shows the cover image and copyright page. No help when deciding whether or not someone should buy it.

Fitzgiggles Saves The Day!