Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
eodwife
0 Kudos

Ideas for blind child

I'm looking to find a good novel to read to my 7 year old who is visually impaired.  He is a very bright boy and likes just about everything.  I'm hoping to find something that we will both enjoy.  I thought about Little House in the Big Woods or Where the Red Fern Grows.  If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Please help save the vision of my babies and visit
http://blastblindness.blogspot.com/
Contributor
mrivera27
0 Kudos

Re: Ideas for blind child

Have you thought about buying audiobooks for him?  I just bought a few  for my 7 year old daughter to listen to while traveling.  I bought a Judy Moody book (the main character is a girl but her best friend and little brother are big characters and are boys).

If he is ok with the vocabulary, maybe he would like some of the classics like Treasure Island or Black Beauty.  Those are easy to find in audiobook format. I have even seen them for free as LibriVox recordings.