Reader
SarahF11
0 Kudos

Lots of layout problems w/ the kids books?

I've bought a bunch of kids nook books to have for the baby, and a good number of them have significant layout issues. Entire pages are blank, or the pictures aren't lined up with the text and I have to keep scrolling through. A lot of my Curious George books have the pictures and original text really small, and then bigger versions of the text but it really messes up the pages. It's starting to get to the point where I don't really want to keep buying kids books for the nook because I never know if it's going to be annoying to try to read it. And not all of them are like that, but I would say at least 1/4 - 1/2 of the ones that I have bought are messed up.

Anyone else having this problem? is it a nook book problem or is it something wrong with my nook?

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Re: Lots of layout problems w/ the kids books?

I registered last month and just read your post.

I would think it is the publisher, not BN or nook.

I am a PubIt! and figured out how to get the book on here without glitches, except one picture looked like green and white striped wallpaper in the preview.

It looked pretty, was better than my drawing and I wasn't sure what I had done wrong to cause it. It was me, not nook. I didn't change it because the rest was okay and I was afraid I'd foul up the rest.

That's how come I think that it is the publisher.

I am so sorry your experience was bad.

I'd would have returned the books and let BN know why.

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

I need to make a correction.

A friend downloaded and read my book. It is fine with no problems.

It is important to me that the reader not have any difficulty reading my book.

If a book is full of errors and is a Pubit! book, I would write to that writer and let him/her know. It would be good for the writer to know such things.

If a major publisher has put up an ebook full of errors, I'd blast the publisher. There's no excuse for that.

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

SarahF11 wrote, in part:

I've bought a bunch of kids nook books to have for the baby, and a good number of them have significant layout issues. Entire pages are blank, or the pictures aren't lined up with the text and I have to keep scrolling through.

Sarah, you just provided a perfect example of an issue I tried to raise in a different discussion!  I must not have expressed myself clearly there, because at least one person who replied indicated that he didn't know what I was talking about.  The context of my earlier conversation was that someone said he was happy he'd bought an iPad (and was getting rid of his Nook), and I wanted more information about how the two compare with each other, especially as regards EXACTLY the issue you raised:  wouldn't a device with more real estate to begin with like an iPad stand a better chance of keeping the text and pictures aligned the way the author intended them??  And this issue would also apply to things like textbooks that have charts and graphs and so forth that need to be near the text to which they apply.  To me, a book with those kinds of formatting and alignment issues just wouldn't "feel" right!

How about it, everybody?  Do I have a point?  Or am I just some old fogey who should shut up and get with the program?  (It's a distinct possibility, ya know!) :smileyhappy:

Jeff 

Correspondent
Strayer

You are right and it was nice to read your post.

Even if you are an old fogey.

New User
afshan
0 Kudos

it was nice to read your posts