Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

NEW! NOOK kids for iPad release!

[ Edited ]

We're delighted to announce the release of NOOK kids for iPad, where children's books come to life in beautiful color, from beloved classics to new favorites.  Download FREE from the App Store and get started with two FREE books; Richard Scarry's COLORS and THE ELEPHANT'S CHILD.

Download Barnes & Noble's free iPad app for kids. Hundreds of full-color kids picture books all in one place. Read stories aloud with your kids or let NOOK kids read to your kids.

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

Re: NEW! NOOK kids for iPad release!

This is great for an expanded market. 

Plus, it's highly amusing that the ipad now runs 'android'.

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

Re: NEW! NOOK kids for iPad release!

That is really great news. I just got an ipad for my son in law, for his birthday, and my granddaughter reads like mad. She will love it. She is never without a book and she was the one who knew exactly how to sync the ipad with itunes and the blackberry, etc. For her, it is second nature...for me it is a trial and a half! Maybe a nook is in order for her birthday!