Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
primetime34
0 Kudos

Nook kids books on Nook for PC

To see if my children would enjoy it, I purchased (even though it is free) "The Elephant's Child, How the Elephant Got Its Trunk" for Nook for PC.  However, I can't download it using the Nook for PC app.  Everytime I try, I get a message that says "We are experiencing technical difficulties at this time - please try again later (Download: 2082)"  What does this mean and does that mean that none of the Nook kids books that are picture books can be read on Nook for PC?  Thanks.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: Nook kids books on Nook for PC

@primetime34,

NOOK kids digital picture books are designed especially for NOOKcolor. They feature vivid color display and rely on touch-screen to enlarge text, zoom in & pan around illustration and require speakers for the Read to Me feature.  NOOK kids books can be read on NOOKcolor and coming soon on a NOOK kids app on the iPAD.

Distinguished Correspondent
Globaltech
0 Kudos

soon there will be lots more kids books one they release the SDK.  Right now, nook kids books are limited to the very very few books that the devs have deamed 'worthy'

Quite frankly, I think they suck donkey balls.

I was looking for something that would blow me away and instead I got a nelly voiced voice actor doing a really bad reading in the free nookbook.I can

If they'd only release the sdk, there woudl be many more books.   And there would be books designed for the nookcolor... and not just crappy books... okay... my books may be crappry but you will buy them as they are the only other books out there.

+++++++++++++++++++
¡sʞooq ɹǝʎ ,uıןɐǝʇs sɯnɹoɟ ǝɥʇ uı ǝɹɐ sǝʇɐɹıd ¡sǝou ɥo
New User
curlysue110
0 Kudos

I did the same thing and got a download error #2138 on my Nook PC app.  I think it's pretty crappy that they offer this to you for your version and then it's not even avaliable to download!!

Inspired Correspondent
W8WCA
0 Kudos

Same problem here I cannot download it it has

We are sorry. This item is not yet supported on this device."

that is when I try from Windows XP at B&N web site

I have a NookColor so what is up?

If I try to download from my NookColor I get a Unable to Purchase

This item has already been purchased. Please check your library

It is not in my Library on my Nook

And I cannot download it from my library on my Windows computer and B&N web site

Come by and Visit ClubNook!

Cheers Charlie
Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Most of the children's books with pictures cannot be downladed to your PC, to Nookclassic or to the other Nook apps. They can only be downloaded directly to the NookColor, as they are not designed to work with the eink devices.

If you are not seeing the free children's books on your Nookcolor, first try hitting the sync icon in your nookcolor library. If that doesn't work, try archiving it and unarchiving it online in your "My B&N library". Then hit the sync icon in your Nookcolor library.

If that doesn't work, you will probably have to unregister and reregister your Nookcolor.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
New User
love2readKA
0 Kudos

I initially had the same problem as you.  I ended up calling customer service and they were very helpful.   They suggested as Laurie did to first turn my Nook off and then on.  That didn't work so then they had me unregister and reregister.  This did the trick and was well worth it!!!  My 5 year old loves the read to me books!!!  If you have continued to have problems be sure to call customer service.  It may take a little time just like when you need tech help with your computer but you will be glad you took the time to figure it out!

Happy eReading!

Frequent Contributor
ScottNicholson
0 Kudos

We have a steady audience for our children's book If I Were Your Monster, a read-aloud bedtime story. So far we haven't had any complaints but I haven't seen it on PC yet. We are working on a couple more, os if anyone has problems, please let us know so i can tell our designer.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/If-I-Were-Your-Monster/Scott-Nicholson/e/2940011967177

thanks

Scott Nicholson

Trading words for magic beans.
Reader
tom_bohnert
0 Kudos

What about other Android devices.  NookColor is Android driver, correct?  So why is Nook Kids an app for only Ipad?  My Android phone and Tablet can do the same as the ipad.

Contributor
lvnook
0 Kudos

I believe that some of the books can only be viewed by the nook color.  I'm not sure about the elephant book, however there is a place on the screen that will say what it will download to.  side note:  my kids like the nookcolor, 3,7 and 12.  (all boys and not big readers)  good luck

New User
Geno1947
0 Kudos

If you have an IPad you can download children's books with an IPad app "nook kids for IPad app" It works very well.