Frequent Contributor
trisha48
0 Kudos

Why isn't there a NOOK KIDS app for Android?

Over 50% of smartphone are android owners.

Please please have a nook kids app for us android users....

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Re: Why isn't there a NOOK KIDS app for Android?

That would be great. I hope they do this.
New User
Straightline
0 Kudos

Maybe they sell enough Kids Books and don't want to make any extra money?

No seriously... it's probably because 1) Almost every android device has a different resolution and would require it's own version of the app.  there are only like 4 different iPads + 2 iPhone sizes.

And 2) there are Android devices that compete directly with the Nook, like the Nexus 7. 

Of course both of these points apply to the regular Nook app, but maybe they figure the greater book sales fromi the regular app justify the cost to build it.  Here's an idea, charge us for the kids app!  I'd buy it!

Frequent Contributor
kayokat

Since the read and play books are one of the only BN product that can't be used on other devices, i.e., Android and IOS, it seems to be the way to keep customers tied to their electronic products.  I have an original Nook Color and the only reason I still use it is to read the kid's books with my grandchildren.  These books are not cheap and it really aggravates me that there is only one device that they play on.  Lots of the same books are available on Android and IOS but I'd have to pay for them again.  That's unacceptable.  I never purchase anything from BN anymore.