Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Zoila
0 Kudos

children's ebooks

So , my 11years old doesn't like to read much, but once he gets a book that he likes he doesn't stop until he finish the series. To get him to read more we got him a nook tablet, he likes technology a lot. His 6 grade teacher runs a reading program that students must read 50 books to get reading points. The teacher provides for 25 titles and authors that they must read along with writing a summary of each book, along the titles is Shel Silverstein yet I cannot seem to find e books from him, anyone knows why? Can anyone give me any suggestion for him. After they read the first 25, students can pick the other 25 books. Thank for any suggestions ~Z
Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Re: children's ebooks

Unfortunately, it appears that the only eBooks available are bootlegs available on some really iffy sites. Also with the amount of hard bounds Silverstein has available, I would guess he just changed publishers. That could be the reason for no eBooks at this time. But I am just speculating on this.
Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Shel Silverstein's books may be caught in the same sort of legal limbo as many other recently deceased authors (Salinger is one example).  The original publishing contracts do not cover electronic publishing, but if his estate is still in probate, and that can take years, there is nobody with the authority to sign a new contract.

My favorite book as a child was one of his first, much lesser-known children's works:

Uncle Shelby's Story of Lafcadio, The Lion Who Shot Back

Contributor
librarydancer
0 Kudos

Try the "How to Train Your Dragon" series by Cassandra Criswell. My 10 year old can't get enough of them ( and the 10th is coming out soon). Not like the movie, but funny/boy humor type of stuff. Good luck.
New User
Cheryl_Rogers
0 Kudos

I've launched a new Bible Camp Mystery series for 10 to 14 year olds. The first one now is available in the Barnes and Noble Store. The second one and possibly third are expected laster his year. You can find it here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lost-in-the-woods-cheryl-rogers/1114304247?ean=2940044256613

It was written with boys in mind...