Showing articles with category Email problems. Show all articles
We have discovered an issue blocking automatic gmail account creation on HD devices in 2.0.6.
Our devs are working on a fix, but a workaround can be performed by doing the following:
- Open Email app and type in proper fields (email & password) to add gmail account *At this point email auto-creation is failing
- Dismiss error message and tap 'Manual setup' button
- Select IMAP option
- On Incoming server settings page tap on the 'Security type' field and select SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates); the Port field should update to 993
- Tap 'Next' button
- On the Outgoing server settings page tap on"Security type field and select SSL/TLS(Accept all certificates), the Port field should update to 465
- Tap 'Next' button and you will be directed to the Account option page; select desired options and tap 'Next' button
- Add account name and proceed; gmail account will be added to device.