Contributor
amberfl

Existing Subscriptions

I have an existing 2-year subscription with Everyday Food (which I hope is coming soon to the NookColor...I kept seeing it advertised before the release but I don't see it as available yet).  I was wondering if it was possible to get the remainder of my existing paper subscriptions converted to my Nook.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  If so, what is involved in making the switch?

Frequent Contributor
HipHopSays
0 Kudos

Re: Existing Subscriptions

I'm curious as well as I have a sub to HBR (harvard biz review) and it would be great to convert or have the option to renew as an electronic copy.

MkR
Contributor
MkR
0 Kudos

Likewise .. I have existing subscriptions to Mens Health and couple of other mags. How can we get Rodale to honor a digital subscription as well

-M
Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

New User
JustRun
0 Kudos

I, too, am interested in knowing if a current subscription that 'is' available for purchase can be transitioned to eMagazines with NookColor. (FoodNetwork magazine.) I tried calling and gave up after being on hold for over 10 minutes!

New User
gmnord
0 Kudos

I scanned the request board but did not see anything seeming to address the basic question of accessing existing online newspaper subscriptions from my nook.  I subscribe to paper delivery of the Minneapolis Star Tribune weekend edition, and as such for a small additional cost I get online access to the daily edition from the Star Trib website.

BN offers the Star Trib so yes, I can get it on my nook.  The problem is that I already have a subscription described above for the coming year and don't see any point in adding yet another subscription through BN to read what I am already paying for.  

Yes, I could read it online from my laptop as I have been, but one of the main reasons I bought a nook was to AVOID having my laptop just for reading!  I could also access it through the nook browser (beta) but I think we all agree that browser has a long way to go, as does the PDF reader (though, it appears the nook 1.5 SW has greatly improved PDF display)

It would be show tremendous customer concern for BN to enable nook owners to receive subscription downloads they already pay for on the Nook.  I don't think the providers (Star Trib, et al) really want to be in competition with BN for their paper, so seems to me it would be in the best interest of everyone -- if not an advantage of the nook -- to link existing online subscription to the nook newsstand.

Should I be in gleeful anticipation? or should I expect some disappointment?

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

gmnord wrote:

It would be show tremendous customer concern for BN to enable nook owners to receive subscription downloads they already pay for on the Nook.  I don't think the providers (Star Trib, et al) really want to be in competition with BN for their paper, so seems to me it would be in the best interest of everyone -- if not an advantage of the nook -- to link existing online subscription to the nook newsstand.

Should I be in gleeful anticipation? or should I expect some disappointment?

I would imagine that it's the newspaper that would have to allow this.  B&N probably can't control that.

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

True, it is not up to B&N, it's up to the magazine/newspaper publishers.  You're wasting your time calling B&N customer service about this. 

Reader
MadMikeSS
0 Kudos

It would be nice to be able to have some option for the nook related to existing paper subscriptions to magazines that B&N carries as Nookmagazines as well. I have another year of Popular Photography paper subscription and I would like it on my Nookcolor but I'm not about to buy it a 2nd time for that option.