Frequent Contributor
jslakey

Great to see all the new titles! not really........

Wow! Runners World, Men's Health, just to name a few.  Looks like B&N is stepping up with new additions.  Too bad most are not compatible with the original Nook.  It's been out for maybe a year and seems to be already outdated.  Way to go Barnes, I don't want to speak for everyone but this early adopter thinks this sucks.

I won't be holding my breath that 1.5 will make it better.  However if it does, I will gladly admit I was wrong.

Frequent Contributor
jwinterDE
0 Kudos

Re: Great to see all the new titles! not really........

Could we perhaps get a way to filter out the Nookcolor-only mags when we browse the site?  It is very annoying to go through magazine after magazine saying "Nope, I can't read this one either."   I understand the reasoning behind some of them, but honestly there's no reason something like Newsweek should only be available in color.  :smileysad:

Correspondent
htbyron
0 Kudos

Re: Great to see all the new titles! not really........

At a minimum, the listing page should show which devices are usable for each magazine, so you don't have to click through to each one individually to check. 

I really don't understand what B&N is thinking here.  Limiting usability of content, even where it was previously usable on the same device (e.g., New Yorker on the ipad), and then making inscrutable choices about which content will be usable on which devices, and then making those limitations less than transparent when shopping.  Very frustrating!