Inspired Wordsmith
donc13

Magazine Subscription Problems, not being able to cancel it

Just and FYI...and perhaps to save someone a call to Customer Support.

I've got a few magazine subscriptions on my NC.    A week ago, I came here online, canceled the subscription to one of them (PC Magazine) and got two trial subscriptions to two others.

A few days ago, I checked, and the one I had canceled the subscription to, still showed as an active subscritption.   So I canceled it again.   And, canceled one of the two trial subscrittions that I had just gotten (didn't like the first issue I got...no biggie).

Checked last night, both cancelled subscritptions still showed as active.   Canceled both again.

Got the new issue of PC Magazine today, checked again...still shows active as did the trail magazine I had cancelled.

So...called customer support....only about a 15 minute wait, and I got through to a customer service agent in the Phillipines (I asked where she was).   First, she spoke very GOOD English and repeated stuff back to me to make sure she had my information right.   She then did some checking and reported that yes, there are problems with magazine subscription cancellations.   That it will be reported to the folks who run the website and that I should check back in 48 to 72 hours to see if they're gone.

In oher words.....stuff happens, it's not a big deal, the customer service agent was very polite and took my information and passed it on properly.    I would call it a positive experience.

So....if any of you are having issues with your magazine subscriptions, be patient, wait a few days and things should clear up.    If not, I'll try another call, or perhaps Micael-V can look into this for us.

---------
Don
Frequent Contributor
Luvmynookie
0 Kudos

Re: Magazine Subscription Problems, not being able to cancel it

Thank you!  I'm having this same problem and this was a great answer!

Correspondent
Traff
0 Kudos

Same here...

Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

Well...it seems something is happening, I got 2 notices that subscriptions were canceled, unfortunately.....I only wanted to cancel one of those two, and the other subscription I wanted to cancel is still shown as active.

But that's progress.   I re-newed the subscription that was canceled in error so now only have 1 more to cancel.    Hey...that's a 50% improvement!

---------
Don
Correspondent
Traff
0 Kudos

Mine got canceled too...  They haven't given me my $25 back yet though.... 

Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

Traff wrote:

Mine got canceled too...  They haven't given me my $25 back yet though.... 

What the heck kind of magazine you get for $25????

---------
Don
New User
ChrisSmvlMa
0 Kudos

Hey.

I am having the same problem.

I had like 10 trial magazine/newspaper subscriptions.  I could not cancel any of them.

I called B&N customer service today morning and the associate told me that he canceled all of my subscriptions.

Only 8 of the 10 subscriptions canceled.

I called customer service again tonight (about 8 hours after the first call) and the woman told me that it can sometimes take up to 2 days for the cancelations to come through.

She did go ahead and cancel my two remaining subscriptions again.

We will see what happens in two days time.

On another note, I have researched on the internet and I have found people having trouble with canceling magazine subscriptions going all the way back to January 2010.

Sadly, this tells me that B&N is either not willing or not able to solve this problem! :-(

I find this very upsetting as I love the magazines on the Nook Color, but I will not do a subscription trial again because it's too much wasted time having to call customer service.

Please B&N fix this problem!!!!!!

Contributor
zamboknee
0 Kudos

I'm having issues with Magazine subscription (Newsweek) where I've started and gotten the first issue in a trial subscription, then new issue shows up in my library but when I click on it to read it takes me to the magazine's storefront on the Nook Shop.

Is this similar/related I wonder?

thanks

Reader 4
berf
0 Kudos

So I too am very frustrated that this ongoing problem has not been solved--I have about ten subscriptions I've attempted to cancel for more than a week, multiple times, with no results. I'm very disappointed in B&N that they'd allow a problem like this to continue. I appreciate the detailed accounts above (sincerely) regarding calling customer service and ultimate solutions, but really? I'm supposed to be okay with a 15 minute wait on hold and the need to call multiple times? Yes things happen from time to time, but this seems to be a consistent problem and not a "things happen" sort of event. Maybe I'm just impatient :smileysad: but I'm really bothered by this. I'm hoping by adding myself to the chain here perhaps attention will ultimately be called to this problem....

Inspired Correspondent
zenaxe
0 Kudos

I'm having this problem, too, I even called customer support and they said they would cancel the subscriptions manually and I should see the change by end of day. That was four days ago and they are still showing up. This is ridiculous. I signed up for a bunch of these things to evaluate them in the fourteen day trial and I'm going to be really upset if these things charge my credit card.

What the heck is going on at B&N? Having an issue like this linger for so long is inexcusable and is particularly disconcerting for someone who is new to eReaders.