Contributor
rmccort
0 Kudos

Master Card promo?

I tried to use the Master Card promotion (but a single issue mag or newspaper for nook and get a $5 gift card). I may be having a mental lapse of some sort, but I'm not sure how to claim it.

I bought a newspaper; my default payment method is a Master Card. But no gift card. And when I look at my account page, it seems to be because my card won't be charged until the newspaper ships, which it won't, because it downloaded. (Yes, I checked to make sure that I bought a single issue and not a trial subscription.)

How do I force the transaction to resolve so that I can get the gift card?

Any thoughts?

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

Re: Master Card promo?

The fine print says that the gift cards will be sent on Jan 31st.

Contributor
rmccort
0 Kudos

Ah. Well then, the problem is that I'm an idiot. :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

I wouldn't say that!  A LOT of people are asking the same question, on this board and on Facebook.  Maybe they need to make the fine print a bit larger so everyone can see it!

Contributor
rmccort
0 Kudos

Still haven't received it. Maybe I'm not the problem after all. :smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
black-willow
0 Kudos

I have not received mine either. 

Contributor
yndirah
0 Kudos

I received mine exactly on 1/31. Did you check your spam folder? I've never had a problem with my gift cards arriving, but bn emails could easily go to a spam folder.
Reader 2
StubbornRunner
0 Kudos

Still haven't received mine either.

There is nothing caught by the spam filter that wasn't spam.

Contributor
SaraBoBera
0 Kudos

Me either.  Is there a place to contact them?

Contributor
yndirah
0 Kudos

Call 1-800-843-2665, there should also be a number for technical support or for ordering, but I don't have it right now.  I'll see if I can find it and post it here for you.

Contributor
yndirah
0 Kudos

Actually, I meant digital support, but I can't find the number, I'm sure it was posted here in the forum somewhere.  Did you have your mastercard set as your default credit card on file?  That's the only other thing I can think of right now as to why you wouldn't receive the gift card.  If you did, then call them and have them fix this for you.

Contributor
rmccort
0 Kudos

I've tried e-mailing customer support, but there has been no reply. From what I've seen on these boards, that's the norm. B&N has no online support whatsoever. So I guess I'll open up the order and call the number and see what happens.

Reader 2
StubbornRunner
0 Kudos

I used the "Contact Customer Service" form on the BN website.

Today, I received a response telling me that the eGift card is "in process" and to watch my email for delivery. 

Contributor
rmccort
0 Kudos

Good news: I got a response from Customer Service telling me they had forwarded my issue to Zinio who is fulfilling those orders.

After a week without a response I sent an e-mail to Zinio (as instructed to by CS). Today Zinio responded by sending me an e-mail form letter which tells me that they do not support nook or nookColor and that I need to contact B&N Customer Service.

Lot of work for a $5 promotion. And yet I will persevere...

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

rmccort, yes, your perserverance will pay off.  Good for you!

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"