Frequent Contributor
DJ_Boxer
0 Kudos

Monthly NookMagazines and Release Dates?

I am wondering why even if people subscribe to the Nook version of the Magazine that it comes out after the subscribers to the physical version?

DJ

Wordsmith
ImmortalBeloved
0 Kudos

Re: Monthly NookMagazines and Release Dates?

I subscribe to Star (don't laugh, it's a guilty pleasure) and I never have the new issue before it's on the stands. I see it in stores for like a week before I have my new issue and that's pretty annoying. Not sure what can be done about it. I was considering cancelling my subscription because all I do is basically look at the photos so I wasn't feeling it was really worth it and since I never get my issues when they come out it's just another reason to cancel. I also get National Geopraphic and I always get the new issue right on time.

Inspired Contributor
ToddK

Same is true with Popular Science and. Mechanics, as well as Rolling Stone and National Geographic - they always show up on the newstands 4-7 days before I get them on the nookcolor. Annoying to say the least. ....and where is the digital edition of WIRED? ....and I cannot believe one cannot buy digital comic books - this thing is PERFECT for comic book collections. Publishers need to "get with the program" - and let me spend my money!
New User
twinmommy08
0 Kudos

I have the same issue with a delay..any response from B&N customer service? I can read it at the dr's or libarary  for free before i get it on my nook (and the next month's issue is out the same time I get the old on my nook)

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

All my weekly/monthly subscriptions have always showed up in tandem with the newsstand release.

It may be a publisher decision that B&N has little, if any, influence over.