New User
duckboxxer
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Read magazines?

I get a couple of print magazines and wanted to know if there was some way to read them on my Samsung tablet - via web or the Nook application.  I've added them to my account (via the trial + my subscription information = free) but it says that they require a Nook/ NC.  Is there another way?

Another question, are there other magazines that one can view in the Nook tablet application?  I randomly clicked on a few and they all said Nook/ NC. 

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Read magazines?

You probably need an app, I believe it's called Next Issue. That's what I was using to read on my tablet. Go to the magazine website, there should be info there on how to read the mags on each device.
Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

You should be able to read your B&N purchased magazines on your Samsung tablet by installing the B&N Nook app from the google Play Store. I don't have a Samsung tablet, but the app works fine on my two Android phones, so it should work on any Android device.  In fact, if it is available for download from the store, then it definitely should work.  Only apps which work on each device are available through the store via that device.  It is possible that certain magazines won't be readable, though.  I know that certain mags are formatted differently than others - Time, Sports Illustrated, People come to mind.  I don't subscribe to those, so I don't know if they work on the Nook for Android app. Newsweek, Discover, Smithsonian, Sunset, and Cooking Light all work fine.  But Discover, Sunset and Coolking Light do not work on the Nook for PC app. (I know you didn't ask about that app, but I thought I'd mention it anyway).

Magazines marked as available for the NC will work on the tablet.  I suspect B&N did not go back and change the compatibility for the magazines when the tablet was released.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

It does depend on the magazine.  I have two magazines and neither will work on Nook for Android or Nook for iPad.   These are the "enhanced" magazines and they're more like apps that epubs.

New User
duckboxxer
0 Kudos

Thanks. Maybe they will update the Nook app, which I had already tried to read them in, will be updated. In the meantime, I will stick to paper and maybe see if there is another app out there.
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Which magazines? Did you try Next Issue and/or going to the magazine website, the site should tell you how to read it on an Android tablet.
New User
duckboxxer
0 Kudos

Next Issue worked.  Thanks.  Now hopefully they won't stack up as much on my table.  :smileyhappy: