Distinguished Correspondent
morgman
0 Kudos

Unsubscribe from Magazine or Newspaper during trial?

Hi, I'm sure this is probably just a click away, but I can't figure out where to click.  I have a newspaper that I would like to cancel during the 14 day trial, but when view orders, it shows as pending, not charged yet, but I don't see any way to remove it.  Any help or pointers to a previous post on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Also, can you do this from your Nook Color?

Thanks!

David

morgman

Re: Unsubscribe from Magazine or Newspaper during trial?

Apparently I was going down the wrong path.  Going from the order menu was wrong, I was able to unsubscribe with the following process:

1. log in to BN.com

2. Select "My Account" from the upper right of the screen.

3. Scroll down to the Digital Management section and click "Manage Subscriptions"

4. Select "Cancel Subscription"

Couldn't be any easier once I found the correct spot of the web site.

New User
iceisnice
0 Kudos

Hello! the steps you gave are very helpful but i do have a question. the first is did you have to wait a whole hour for the request to be processed? also, as a side note, i have tried several times to unsubscribe but everytime i go back it still has me as being subscribed to it. I think i've tried to unsupscribe three seperate time. Any help would be much appreciated. thank you!

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

It has taken up to 24 hours to react, in my case.  Usually it's just a few hours though.  Certainly much faster than stopping a paper subscription!  :smileyvery-happy:

One thing I noticed about canceling subscriptions...a) they let you keep the free issues plus any that may have downloaded during the non-free period, and b) they quickly refund the monthly subscription price if you cancel before all the issues for that month have been released.  I could swear that they gave me more money back for Star than I actually paid in the first place!  It took like a day to get the email about the refund, but by that time my bank had already received it.

Reader
bizibodi
0 Kudos

I have been attempting to unsubscribe from 2 publications for 4 days.  It says it will take an hour, yet I am still receiving the newspaper and I am concerned come 14 days I will be stuck.  I even spoke to an associate at a BN store and she showed me how to cancel.  I already knew that and she actually was quite snippy when I told her I had already done that.  She was unable to help.  Also called customer service and got someone in the Philippines who I could not understand at all.  Any one here have any advice?

Frequent Contributor
Luvmynookie
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same problem as "bizibodi".  I have tried repeatedly over several days to "cancel" and it keeps saying it takes up to an hour.  Later during the day I check, and it's still there so I do it again.  Will it go away or will I be charged for the subscription and am I stuck with it? 

morgman
0 Kudos

I'm guessing that its not processing because of either a system error or overload. Save a copy of your cancellation request, or your dated email to CS indicating you've tried to cancel. I am sure if you have that they will be able to give you a refund on your credit card. Hopefully it will be fixed before then but if not i can't imagine they would keep the money.
Inspired Correspondent
zenaxe
0 Kudos

Exact same issue. Even a call to customer support did not fix it for me. This is extremely uncool. Digital download should make stuff like ordering and canceling subscriptions MORE convenient... this is a trainwreck, IMHO.

rerose1975
0 Kudos

I had the same problem.  Sent an email and Customer Service fixed it for me with a few hours.  

If you haven't already sent an email it might be worth a try.  

R

Inspired Correspondent
zenaxe
0 Kudos

Tried that day before yesterday.... called customer service again this morning. The CS guy said it'd be about 2 more days?! This is ridiculous. The guy can pull up my account but can't cancel anything? I can't believe B&N is this backward with their online order system and they're trying to sell a high tech digital delivery product like this.... It's scary.

Oh well.. I'll wait two more days (and probably call customer service yet again). I guess I'll get the credit card company in on it if I end up seeing charges.

Reader
TraceyRenfro77
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for help, made unsubscribing so easy, thought there would probably just be an app for that but apparently not but your directions made it easy/peasy, thanks for sharing...