10-30-2010 07:41 PM
call support 1800thebook
¡sʞooq ɹǝʎ ,uıןɐǝʇs sɯnɹoɟ ǝɥʇ uı ǝɹɐ sǝʇɐɹıd ¡sǝou ɥo
11-01-2010 01:36 PM
Yes, it was. However, now I am having a problem. When I go to "Section" in The Washington Times and go to "Nation", the Nook screen redirects me to "The Daily" menu without letting me ever read the "Nation" section. What gives?
11-01-2010 02:54 PM
On the NOOK,
1.Tap on "My Library" from the Home screen (all of these steps are done in your "Library" on your NOOK)
2. Highlight the NOOKperiodical (that you were having an issue with) and tap "View Item Details & Options".
3. Then tap "Archive" and follow the on-screen prompts
4. Then tap "Check for New B&N Content" and wait for it to complete.
Once this update is completed, then you want to Unarchive the eBook in order to re-download the content
1. Ensure that you are still in My B&N Library section of My Library
2. Navigate to and Highlight the eBook you want to download (it should be grayed out).
3. Tap "View Item Details & Options".
4. Tap "Unarchive." and then tap "ok"
5. Then tap "Check for New B&N Content" and wait for it to complete.
11-21-2010 03:16 PM
I've had my Nook for a year and this is the first time I have tried reading a Newspaper. I had frequent lock ups and force closes while reading the paper. Once you start reading an article it is very difficult to return to the Section and page you were on. Extremely hard to navigate with the controls on the Nook.
I will not be buying any more newspapers as long as it is this difficult to read. It's far easier to drive into town and get the hard copy. Having to archive, unarchive and redownload the paper several times while reading is ridiculous. Obviously the ability to read magazines and newspapers was an afterthought when they designed the Nook.
Maybe the new Nook has better navigation features and stability - I'll never know. I don't plan on buying another electronic device from B&N. They are great for books but should leave the electronic devices to people that know how to make them.
In the Pacific Northwet