Frequent Contributor
nedrey
0 Kudos

Wired- WTH???

Ever since I got my NOOK Color (day one), I've been waiting patiently for Wired to be available.  As of today, it is, but lo and behold it is only available for the NOOK Tablet. WHY???  I find this to be so infuriating since it has been one of the top magazine requests since you started taking requests.  If I had bought my NOOK recently, I would be happy to upgrade, but to do so just for this title, is ridiculous. 

Looking at the new Conde Nast titles, most of them are for both devices, NOOK Color and Tablet. Why is this one (along with Self, CN Traveler and one or two others) different?I know you’ll say that this is the publishers choice (and they’ll probably say it was yours), but if there is anything you can do to rectify this, I know a lot of people would be grateful. 

Look, will I live without this title on my NOOK color? Yes, but it has completely turned me off to subscribing to anymore titles. 

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Re: Wired- WTH???

[ Edited ]

nedrey wrote:

Ever since I got my NOOK Color (day one), I've been waiting patiently for Wired to be available.  As of today, it is, but lo and behold it is only available for the NOOK Tablet. WHY???  I find this to be so infuriating since it has been one of the top magazine requests since you started taking requests.  If I had bought my NOOK recently, I would be happy to upgrade, but to do so just for this title, is ridiculous. 

Looking at the new Conde Nast titles, most of them are for both devices, NOOK Color and Tablet. Why is this one (along with Self, CN Traveler and one or two others) different?I know you’ll say that this is the publishers choice (and they’ll probably say it was yours), but if there is anything you can do to rectify this, I know a lot of people would be grateful. 

Look, will I live without this title on my NOOK color? Yes, but it has completely turned me off to subscribing to anymore titles. 

Perhaps Wired needs the 1.4 firmware?

If that is the case it should become available after the NC 1.4 update this month.

Inspired Wordsmith
Ozman69
0 Kudos

Wired is available for the Nook Color now, but I can't seem to get any of the videos to work on it.  The magazine has a glitchy feel to it as well.  Anyone else have this experience?

The above is based upon my opinion... yours may vary!
New User
cmaterick

I have the same issue that no videos will play (Nook Color).  The other problem I think is significant is that you don't seem to be able to set a bookmark.  Every time you close and re-open the "magazine", it starts at the cover.  Very annoying to have to go back and figure out where you left off.

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Same issue here: My place is lost every time I exit an issue of Wired.