Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

eMagazine issues later than newsstand issues?

I just got my NookColor on Sunday so I'm still learning the ropes.  I subscribed to More, Women's Health, and Natural Health.  I went to Meijer (a local grocery store) today and they have a new issue of Women's Health (paper copy) on the stands, but my account says that I won't get a new issue until December 21st.  When I look at the magazine options on the Nook store, it shows a new issue of More ALREADY but my account says I won't get another issue until January 25, 2011!  

What gives?  Are all magazines going to be delivered so late?  Is it just because it's new to the technology, will it get better once it's been up and running for a few months?

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: eMagazine issues later than newsstand issues?

@jeanniepep,

We think that it's possible your store put it out a little early.  Please know that we aim to have digital issues available exactly the same time as print.

The current More is a Dec/Jan issue (with Jennifer Beals on the cover).  The one coming out end of January will be the February issue.

Frequent Contributor
nedrey
0 Kudos

Hi Michael-  I've seen the following new editions of these magazines in store (at BN) but not yet available under nookmagazines:

Cosmo

Vanity Fair

Glamour

Do you have an idea when they (esp Vanity Fair) will be available?

Also, re Women's Health-  I've subscribed and while the magazine cover says Jan/Feb, the nookcolor (under Keep Reading) has it listed as Dec 2010.  No big deal, but just wondering why the diffrence (is it because the "on sale" date is in Dec?

Thanks

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos