Frequent Contributor
BK201
0 Kudos

ATTN: PubIt! ADMINISTRATION -- Stolen Royalties!

Sorry for using the strong "stolen" word, but I had to get your attention.

My books have sold more than 300 copies through PubIt!

Supposedly, it takes on average 60 days to receive royalty payments. 

But... it is now April, and I have yet to receive a single dime Royalty Payment since December. 

All emails, even sent to different BN departments, have been ignored:

exch_pubitbusiness@book.com

pubit@bn.com 

DMCANOTICE@barnesandnoble.com

barnesandnoble@ecem1.com

publisherauthorinquiry@BN.com

I called the main number, and it turns out, there is no Live phone support for the PubIt dept.

Instead, I was simply given an automated support number. Following the instructions, I have even faxed them to notify them of this, but still... no response. 

It's as if Barnes & Noble simply refuses to acknowledge their authors' existence.

I love you BN, but as an author and publisher.., you have done nothing but broken your promises to me. Actually, it's more like you're profiting from our work and refusing to give us our dues.

Isn't that stealing? My books are selling a handful every single day, accumulating sales. But I have no way of receiving my cut? 

- Peter 

JTF-3 Counter Ops 

Frequent Contributor
BK201
0 Kudos

Re: ATTN: PubIt! ADMINISTRATION -- Stolen Royalties!

*UPDATE** 

- It seems BN has finally taken notice and proceeded with my Royalty Payments. 

- Ah.. the power of forums.

Thank you!

PANDORA 

JTF-3 Counter Ops

New User
katzrawfood
0 Kudos

This has happened to me also with no payment yet and I have tried several emails and several phone numbers with no response either.  I have been selling my books steady until this month and no sales are reported at all which is strange since they have been selling for the last couple of months.  They have been selling through kindle and amazon so why not barnes and noble or are they not reporting the correct amounts etc.  It seems that if this is a real business for barnes and noble that they would have someone answering the phones and emails..... I find this very frustrating!

Frequent Contributor
BK201
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hang in there... call the numbers: 

800-373-2468
Corporate:
212-414-6000 
866-597-9863

PANDORA 

JTF-3 Counter Ops

Frequent Contributor
BK201
0 Kudos

In any case, I do apologize to BN for my harsher tone in the original post.

Being denied a response for so long to one's revenue whereabouts can provoke a little bit of panic.

I know with time, BN's PubIt! Dept. will have a better system with which to support the authors/self-publishers who sell on their vast market

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

BK201 wrote:

I know with time, BN's PubIt! Dept. will have a better system with which to support the authors/self-publishers who sell on their vast market

I have to agree. I believe that they just need a little more time to get all their eggs (pun intended :smileytongue:) into their proper baskets. I, and I'm sure everyone else here, just wish it was sooner than later.

Melissa

Cloud Nine (A Paranormal Romance of the Guardians of Man) 

The Heir Apparent (A Young Adult Novel)  

Reader
louie52
0 Kudos

Your Nook Book Conversion is so much better then Kindle Conversion I have my eBooks both places and Nook book conversion "Rules" compared to Kindle book conversion.  Very happy with the outcome of my books on Nook Book. They came out so much better saved me having to make so many changes. Kindles conversion spaces your paragraphs way to far apart, drops sentences on you, makes the author look like a "dork," But Nook Books conversion is awesome!  Thank Your to your team for me, I'm one happy author here at Barnes and Noble.  Yours truly Garry E. Lewis

Contributor
tawnmaru
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Why apologize?

No one at B and N responds to emails, they don't take phone calls or return calls. They have zero support for the authors who are making them money.