Contributor
ThracianPublishing
0 Kudos

Ability to switch 'full justification' off in an ePub

Full justification is on and cannot be switched off, even if I UNcheck "Respect publisher defaults" and check "Text is left justified only." It still justifies on left AND right side, disrespecting one of the reasons some people prefer Nook to Kindle.

Anyone have an answer to fix my ePub?

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: Ability to switch 'full justification' off in an ePub

The only thing a reader can change via their Nook are basic things like font type, font size, background color and line spacing. If you want your book to align left, then it needs to be formatted that way. Turning off Publisher Defaults does not change your chapter headings or how your manuscript is formatted to align.

Contributor
ThracianPublishing
0 Kudos

Are you sure about this?

Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Quite. I have a Nook Color and I rarely, if ever, use Publisher Defaults. I like being able to change the page color to something not as bright, like the Night setting, Gray or even the Sepia. Also, if I have a migraine and am reading before I let my meds pull me into oblivion, I like to make the font larger so I'm not straining my eyes.

But it's an easy fix for you. If you as the writer/publisher want to align your manuscript to the left, then have your formatter do so. It's really not that big a deal. I also fail to see the bid deal over why having your end file fully justified is the end of the world :/

Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

One more thing; ". . . and check "Text is left justified only." "  Where in the Nook Color are you doing this? That's not an option that I'm aware of, and I just took a look at mine and did not see this.

Contributor
ThracianPublishing
0 Kudos

I'll ask my reader, who owns a Nook reading device.