New User
elephantpressbooks
0 Kudos

B&N still accepting new titles?

I have tried for 2 days to submit my book for sale and I get the standard technical difficulties message, check back again. Using support, no one is replying. Is B&N Nook still accepting books? How long should I expect to wait for any answer as to when the technical difficultes will end?

Contributor
Sarra_Cannon
0 Kudos

Re: B&N still accepting new titles?

I have not been able to upload my newest book either and support is NO help. What a joke. Why even have a new chat support feature if they won't help us? I am extremely disappointed in Nook Press.

Check out my new YA Fantasy series: Peachville High Demons
Contributor
EvelynDavid
0 Kudos

I keep hitting publish tab and it appears to start publish process, but then nothing happens. Wen I return to site, status of book appears to be waiting for me to start "publish" process again. In the old PubIt you could see the status of the publish process - not so here.

Contributor
Sarra_Cannon
0 Kudos

That's the same thing that's happening to me. I think we ARE seeng the status. I think it's just getting kicked out from processing for some reason. I started trying at 5 AM on the 5th and my book is still getting the green "publish'' button, which I'm pretty sure means that they are not even processing it and it's not going to ever show up in the store unless they fix whatever's going on.

What I don't understand is why NO ONE from Nook Press seems to be addressing this issue. Where is customer support? I've heard of at least 7 other authors experiencing the same issue, yet support told me yesterday this 'was not a known issue'. Bull. 

Frequent Contributor
SorrowHeart
0 Kudos

I too have had problems publishing.  The entire process is horribly glitchy.  I can't even get the preview or edit boxes to load.  And I've had trouble with setting prices on each book I've published --and can't set my own UK prices at all.  And now, like the previous poster, I complete the process and instead of the book processing, it goes back to being ready to publish.  This has been going on for the past three days.  I emailed Customer Service yesterday and no response.

Sheesh.  I even had trouble posting here.  The forum kept insisting I wasn't signed in, no matter how many times I signed in.  Then suddenly I'm signed in.

I don't get why they ditched Pubit in favor of a site that is so full of glitches -- and that might or might not work at all.

Frequent Contributor
LearningIsland
0 Kudos

This is so frustrating! Now we can't upload new books, and our sales keep dropping more and more!

Contributor
EvelynDavid
0 Kudos

Still can't publish new book. Considering deleting file and starting over - but worry that would be a waste of time. Hoped Nook book would be live on Monday along with the Kindle and paperback editions. Will have to announce to readers that Nook version isn't going to be available any time soon, if ever.

Frequent Contributor
SorrowHeart
0 Kudos

I deleted one book and uploaded it again -- still wouldn't publish.  Tried a different book, and it didn't publish either.  Looks like we just have to wait for Nook Press to get its act together.  (And apparently they're in no hurry to do that.-- it's day four for me now. Maybe everyone had a longweekend off and they'll get around to fixing things on Monday.)

Contributor
EvelynDavid
0 Kudos

I did the same thing - deleted the one project and then started over from scratch. No joy.

New User
sarahmcradit
0 Kudos

Been having the exact same issue since Thursday. I've tried it both in Nook Press and Pub It. Nook Press just continues to cycle back to the "Publish" button and never processes it. Pub It just throws technical errors at me.

I spoke with a chat representative on Friday and he said he couldn't help me and then disconnected the chat after saying he would forward my info on. Unfortunately, I have not heard a single thing back.

My book was supposed to go live on Sartuday, along with the Kindle version and other versions but, unfortunately, it is still not available on BN.

Having been a manager of customer experience for over 13 years, I'm shocked that they have no one monitoring these boards over the holiday weekend. This is one of the biggest book shopping weekends of the year. I'm starting to rethink KDP Select.

Contributor
Sarra_Cannon
0 Kudos

I am also on Day 4 now of not being able to upload. I'm happily pulling in sales at Amazon, Kobo and Smashwords, but I've got people asking when B&N is going to carry the book. I HATE having to tell them I have no idea because Barnes & Noble's publishing site is down and no one in customer service will respond to me. I'm guessing that, yes, they must have given everyone the long weekend off. I am hoping things will either be resolved today or that there will at least be some kind of communication to let us know  they are working on it. 

Contributor
Sarra_Cannon
0 Kudos

I tried the chat support and got the same exact answer I got Friday, word for word: 

This issue requires escalation to the NOOK Press Business Team by email. Please provide the Email Address associated with your account, First and Last Name, Publisher Name (if you have one), and NOOK Press Account ID (if you have one) and I will forward your question along. You can expect to receive a response in approximately two business days.

When I mentioned that this was the same answer, all she said was that Nook Press business team is not available on weekends and that I should wait 2 business days for a response. Well, I'm glad their support team gets happy weekends off. Wouldn't you think they'd have at least one person hanging out, trying to make sure their site actually works? 

Contributor
EvelynDavid
0 Kudos

Just did a live chat with "Warner" about the "no publish" issure. Was immediately told that he couldn't help and he would sent an email to Nook Business Publish group with my problem. 2 business day response time. I mentioned the rumor that was equal to being sent to a "black hole." I won't hold my breath for a response email. I imagine the site will start working at some point if NookPress is going to stay in business.

New User
sarahmcradit
0 Kudos

I think Warner is the only one who works for them. I've talked to him twice already, and, like you, exact same response each time.
New User
sarahmcradit
0 Kudos

You are now connected with Warner from Nook Press

Sarah Cradit: I've been unable to publish my title since Wednesday.

Warner: Good afternoon! My name is Warner. Thank you for joining NOOK Press Chat Support, Sarah!

Warner: I'm sorry, but your question requires the assistance of our NOOK Press Business Team by email. Please provide the e-mail address associated with your account, first and last name, publisher name (if you have one), and NOOK Press Account ID (if you have one) and I will forward your question along. You may expect a response in approximately two business days.

Sarah Cradit: You told this to me on Wednesday too

Sarah Cradit: but Im not the only one with this issue

Sarah Cradit: its all over your support boards

Sarah Cradit: and no one is geting a response from your business team

Sarah Cradit: the site is broken

Warner: I cannot do anything about it but to follow it up. Please provide the information.

Sarah Cradit: Ive already provided it to you, and submitted a ticket independently as well. Is there not a channel where you can escalate the site issues to someone on the technical side? There are quite a few authors who have been unable to publish for four days. I would think that would get some attention

The chat session has timed out and is now closed.
Contributor
EvelynDavid
0 Kudos

Amazing that they only have one guy to chat - that says a lot. None of it good.

New User
cybrrr
0 Kudos

Sounds like "Warner" is an auto-responder, and not a particularly bright one at that.

Contributor
Sarra_Cannon
0 Kudos

Warner was the guy I got on Friday too, but this morning I got Veronica. Same responses to the word, though.

I did get an email back from support saying that they were aware of the issue and were working to get it fixed. No time-frame listed, however, and of course, zero response to my questions about lack of customer service and communication. I wasn't expecting a response to that. 

I just hope they fix it soon. Someone please post if you get your book to publish!

Contributor
Sarra_Cannon
0 Kudos

This was the brief answer to my email inquiry:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  We're working with the necessary teams to investigate and address this issue as soon as possible

At least it's something, but I would have preferred something more than just a copy and paste response at this point.

Contributor
EvelynDavid
0 Kudos

Update -

Just got this email from "Amanda" in response to an email I sent on Saturday -

---

Thank you for your email.We apologize for any difficulties you may have experienced while attempting to publish your  Nook Book. Our Business team is aware of the situation and currently monitoring it. We greatly appreciate your patience and confidence while we work to resolve the processing delay. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

---

So I guess I'll wait and keep my fingers crossed. And maybe limit my pushing the "publish" tab to once per day.