Contributor
jonereb
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Book Cover Not Displaying

After I uploaded my book cover and ePub file...and then downloaded the file to test inside Nook for PC, the book cover does not display in "My Stuff".  I get a generic B & N cover.  I've jumped thru the hoops described in this thread:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Color-General-Discussion/EPub-Book-Covers-Not-Showing/m-...

...but have had no luck.  Suggestions, please?

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: Book Cover Not Displaying

So if I understand you correctly, you've uploaded a book file to pubit and then downloaded your file so you can check it over . . . right? And in reviewing your file, you did not see your cover that you uploaded to pubit for this books file . . . again, right?

If so, then that means you did not include a cover within your books file. The cover you upload will be melded with your book file for a reader when the book is actually purchased, not before. If you want an additional cover to show then it needs to be added to the front of your books file.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Contributor
jonereb
0 Kudos

Once I open the book in Nook for PC, I see my cover.  But when I first open Nook for PC, and look over the book I've downloaded, my book cover is a generic B&N cover.  I uploaded the cover at PubIt!  What else do I need to do....and how do I do it?

Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Ok, I need more information. Is this a copy you downloaded from your books edit page in pubit or did you purchase your own copy of your book?

Contributor
jonereb
0 Kudos

It's a copy a downloaded in PubIt!  I didn't purchase because I haven't approved it for sale yet.  Still in the testing stage.

Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

If you can see your cover after you open your file, I'm going to guess that you have a copy of your cover at the front of your books file. Am I correct? (if you don't know this, did you hire out your formatting? If you did, your formatter more than likely added your cover for you.)

And I'll restate that your book file will not show an outside cover until the book is purchased. Only then will the cover you uploaded be added to your books file.

Contributor
jonereb
0 Kudos

I'm doing the formatting using Calibre.  I did not insert a cover at the beginning, however, Calibre may be doing it behind the scenes.  But I think you answered my question.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but when someone buys a copy, then...and only then will the book cover appear instead of a generic B&N cover.  Correct?

Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Yes. At the time of purchase, the cover you uploaded will be added to your books file and when browsing in BN you will see your cover and not a generic white BN cover.

If you're using Calibre, and if you added your cover to your file at any time, then yes, Calibre is adding your cover to your epub file.