Contributor
Patrick_James
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Book Cover Upload Issues-HELP!

After several photo edits, finally able to upload my book cover.  It looks fine on the "My title" edit page where I first uploaded it and all the other book data, However, when I went logged back in to the the main page, it only appears to take up half the space in the cover page outline that is embedded there.  Not sure if I'm making any sense here, but shouldn't the whole outline be comprised of the photo? It really looks like half of it is missing.  Any quick response would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Patrick James
Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: Book Cover Upload Issues-HELP!

Well, Patrick, to help you we need to know a few things. First of all, what are your covers dimensions?

Contributor
Patrick_James
0 Kudos

Hi-

The original cover illustration:

Dimensions: 750 x 563

Width: 750 Pixels

Height: 563 Pixels

Horizontal & Vertical Resolution: 167 DPI

131 KB

In order to get Nook to accept the upload for the marketing cover (not the inside the book embedded cover) I changed it to 2800 X 2100, 300 DPI, 1.10MB using Paint.Net software.

Having said all that, I know squat about it.  Can you take me down the path on this as if you were talking to a ten year old?  Scratch that- a ten year old can probably do it without blinking!.. Thanks for any help.  Trying to get this done this weekend.

Patrick James
Contributor
Patrick_James
0 Kudos

Hey can anyone out there take a look at this and advise?  Really trying to release the book this weekend, but need to improve the marketing cover appearance.  Thanks so much.  

Patrick James
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Hey there Patrick, sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

When you say you resized your cover from 563pixels to 2100, please tell me you actually remade the cover to those dimensions and didn't simply stretch it. Stretching actually ruins your cover adn that might be why it isnt going through. You should always make your cover big and then shrink from the original. And if you're looking for perfection, 1600 pixels wide x 2400 pixels tall is golden ratio.

Also, your height should be taller than it is wide, and you said it was the other way around :smileyindifferent: If you're in need of faster help, you can either follow me to facebook via the link below or you can send me a personal message (the envelope up by your name) and send me your email and I'll return it.

I'll make sure to check in here more often today to help you out.

Contributor
Patrick_James
0 Kudos

Hey Melissa-

Thanks for the info.  REALLY appreciate your trying to help me through this.  I tried to do the private email response, but I appear to be technically challenged again! 

So...My original cover, that I've been able to upload on other channels without too much of a hassle had pixels configured at 2400 W x 1800L (300DPI/2.29MB)

Using paint.net, I resized it to 1600 W x2400L as you suggested and it definitely increased the length, so I tried to upload that new cover, but it doesn't appear to have been uploaded when I look back to the "My Titles" page.  My novel is still shown as being in draft as I don't want to release it if the cover hasn't changed.  Is that the problem (draft status?) of does it take time to load?  Unfortunately, they don;t give you an error message, so I have no idea if there is still an issue.

What do you think?

Patrick James
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Patrick, I've sent you a message. Click on the envelope at the top :smileyhappy:

Reader
louie52
0 Kudos

I used the exact specs nook press gave me to load my book cover, it came out looking silly. Way to short and way to wide, tried the crop, it will not allow you to make it taller or wider. So I spoke to support, once again they gave me the same specs as before to upload my cover, still came out the same. I used the specs createspace gave me, tried to upload it on nook press, would not accept it. Loaded it on Kindle. it uploaded just fine looks like my other covers. The specs nook press gave me just cannot be right? As everytime I follow their guidelines, the cover comes out way to wide, and way to short.?