New User
krakus33
0 Kudos

Book Failing To Upload

I've got a book EPub check 3.01compliant that simply fails to upload. All I receive is a message upload failed reason unknown.Any tips or tricks that people have learned  to get a book to upload?

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: Book Failing To Upload

More than likely, the error you saw was wrong. For some reason, there are times when that error message is rampant, but means absolutely nothing. Your book should go live in 12-24hrs.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

New User
krakus33
0 Kudos

Unfortunately the error is over 10 days old and the book has not gone live.    

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Ewww, then it sounds like you're stuck in publishing limbo. The easiest way around this is to start over and upload your book as a new project. When the old one finally, if ever, goes live, then you just take it off sale.

New User
krakus33
0 Kudos

Nook Press Support finally fixed the uploader for me. The upload problem doesn't seem to be linked to any particular browser though Opera and Chrome seem to work best with general tasks. It also won't help to alter the naming of file or by removing spaces in file name. 

I did try your mentioned solution last week and it didn't work but it might work in some instances. The problem could lay in that I use all the latest browser releases but normally one will work.

At least you replied though and I thank you for that. 

Contributor
AlisaWriter
0 Kudos

I'm having my own set of problems. I published 3 eBooks with Nook Press last week and they still haven't posted. So I contacted support services and they told me that I have to press the green publish buttons. Which I did before. So I did it again today, and then support services sent another email with links to my books to do it again - which I did ... again ... A question though-when you press the green publishing button, does it stop being green and says something totally different - because no matter how many times I press those green "publish" buttons they stay green afterward and still say "Publish." This just seems like it shouldn't be happening; enough eBook publishing platforms are up these days that there shouldn't be such problematic issues. When Barnes & Noble first began their eBook platform (PubIt), I had the same type of issues with uploading and posting, and I became so frustrated that I finally went through Smashwords instead. Now with the new platform, Nook Press, I figured it was probably better than the last platform, so I took the eBooks off of Smashords and submitted them for publishing through Nook Press. Now I'm getting frustrated with B & N all over again. I hope support services posts the eBooks within the next couple of days, otherwise I'm going to have to go back to Smashwords. - A