Contributor
blahblahblahBS
0 Kudos

Book won't publish, can't remove it

[ Edited ]

My latest book has been "processing" for weeks. I've pretty much given up on B&N at this point, but I cannot edit it or delete it either. Is deleting my entire account (along with all my other books) the only way to get the book off there? Since B&N does not answer e-mails I can't see any other solution. Is there another way to simply remove this single endlessly processing title?

Author
Ruth_Harris
0 Kudos

Re: Book won't publish, can't remove it

Same problem here. LOVE AND MONEY has been "processing" for months. Just uploaded again. Same result. My emails to B&N go unanswered. Book is part of a series which makes it even more frustrating. Does any one at B&N give a damn? Ruth Harris
Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth (waving)

I'm having the same problem.  Nobody answers me.

Are we better off trying to publish to Barnes and Noble via Smashwords?

Maureen

ENDLESS NIGHT - Carina Press
www.maureenamiller.com
Contributor
blahblahblahBS
0 Kudos

Smashwords is incredibly frustrating to deal with, but to their credit I did get a prompt response when I e-mailled them. To me it seems like they're just an unnecessary middleman though, and the less layers one goes through between product and customer the better. It would be optimal to simply go straight through Pubit here IMHO, except for the fact that, the system does not actually work.

Author
Ruth_Harris
0 Kudos

Hi Maureen (waving back!)

I've stayed away from Smashwords for the same reason: don't see the point in adding an extra layer. But that doesn't help solve the "processing" problem some of us are facing. Maybe if we keep this thread on top someone at B&N will notice. Very frustrating to try to work with people who ignore us.

I want B&N to do well but if the upload process is so problematic, word will get out & other authors won't even bother to try— that will be very bad for B&N who will have fewer & fewer books to offer readers.

Ruth, jumping up and down, screaming & shouting hoping somone at B&N will notice!!!!

Contributor
blahblahblahBS
0 Kudos

Exactly. While I like Amazon, I think competition is healthy and would like to see B&N succeeed. But since they don't care if their software works or if anyone can even publish in the first place, I see them going the way of Borders.

Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

The problem is that they are motivating users to upload the same book two, three, or four times in hopes that it will work...and now they have exponentially increased their workload.
ENDLESS NIGHT - Carina Press
www.maureenamiller.com
Author
Ruth_Harris
0 Kudos

Hi Maureen & BBBBS—What workload? No one at B&N seems to be doing anything. They're certainly not helping us getting our books published.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

By the sounds of it, you're all suck in publishing limbo. It happens with Pubit. A lot actually. The only thing, other than waiting, is to pretend you're uploading a brand new book and start all over. Then when the old and stubborn book finally goes live, you just delete it.

As far as BN hearing you? They hear, but they have their hearing aids turned off. Sad, but true. Occasionally you'll get someone helpful, but don't count on it happening all that often.

You can go through Smashwords, but lately, they're having their own sets of problems, so you'd be trading one set for a completely new one.

Hope that helps you all out, if not, ask more questions, or you just want to complain some more :smileyhappy: we're (those of us here in the forum) are here to help!

New User
Michael45MJ
0 Kudos

I'm one step ahead of most of you in loading my book. Only problem being, when someone hits the "Buy Now" button, it takes them back to the B&N Homepage. 4 emails later - no answer from B&N. Frustrating.
Author
Ruth_Harris
0 Kudos

Want to report that LOVE AND MONEY (my most recent upload) is now live! The first upload of L&M still shows as processing & none of the action menu is enabled. So there it sits: processing . Can't take it down..Shrugs
Contributor
blahblahblahBS
0 Kudos

I'm deleting my account at PubIt. This is ridiculous. The same goes for Kobo, who, just a few hours ago, deposited someone else's money into my account. It was only 45 cents, but still...