02-09-2011 07:54 AM
Last night I was made aware from other authors through Twitter that many books in the Pubit system were being marked public domain and the keywords were disappearing. I went to check within the dashboard (I cannot find anywhere on the product list page that customers see that it says public domain) and one of my two was marked as such. I corrected and resubmitted. Checked this morning and BOTH my titles had been marked as public domain AGAIN. I've corrected again, but you can be certain I'll be checking repeatedly.
Others have tried contacting B&N tech support and have been met with silence.
Please check your titles and notify B&N of the problem. Evidently this glitch snuck in when they started trying to fix the keyword issue.
02-09-2011 09:00 AM
I checked mine last night, and they were fine (though the keywords were missing). I checked it again this morning, suddenly, all my titles were marked as public domain.
Of course, now PubIt! is experiencing technical difficulties (which they were experiencing all last night, too) and I can't change a thing. It's seriously putting me off B&N. You don't beta test on customers using your authors as the guenia pigs.
02-09-2011 12:07 PM
They really need to get all of this stuff cleaned up. It's tough to get in any sort of rhythm with them.