New User
Ninja_Librarian
0 Kudos

Buying my own eBook

Does anyone know if I can get my own book downloaded to my Nook without actually buying it?  I just want to be sure that it looks right and works well, and my own PDF files are NOT the same thing.  But I'm not keen on paying B&N for the right to have my own book!

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Re: Buying my own eBook

Pubit offers a download of your book file for preview when you upload it. You can load it onto the nook at that time. It can also be downloaded for Nook PC. Pubit tells you this before you preview. After the book is published, you would need to buy it, as far as I know. Someone will be along with more information. I uploaded a new version of my book yesterday and saw the preview options.
New User
Ninja_Librarian
0 Kudos

Hmm. I saw no preview option when I did it, at least not in a way that led me to believe I could put it onto my Nook. Entirely possible I missed it, or misinterpreted it. I could pull the book and upload it again, I suppose.
Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

I would do that. I noticed it this time, but not the first time I uploaded. Good luck and post if the books go up okay. I;d like to know. I haven't gotten an email that the book is published, but I did an edit and I'm not sure how that works.
Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

At any time you can go into edit, from there Step 2 -  want to make changes. You download your epub file from there. Save it somewhere you're sure to remember. Then connect your nook to your computer. From there you'll open it finding the my documents/files folder. Choose books. Then you'll paste in your epub. Disconnect your nook then look inside your library, choose my files. Your book should be there waiting for you to view.

Hopes this helps :smileyhappy:

Melissa

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Melissa, I was hoping you come here and explain how to get the book onto the Nook. I am going to upload a 7 chapter plus pictures book and I formatted it at the .25 indent. Thank you for telling how to get the indents.
Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

:smileyvery-happy: Strayer, You're never gonna get rid of me!

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Thank heavens. The book was for printing. I did 1.5 spacing, deleted the tab indents manually. To do a new style sheet gives me the whim whams. Got the pictures inserted with the page breaks and it all went well. I'll check it a few times to be sure there aren't any errors. Then upload. I like to wait 72 hour before doing anything major, if I can. Something I didn't think of pops into mind. Again, thank you for all of the help you give, I have learned a lot.