New User
ffioreaz
0 Kudos

Can't upload book - Nook SIte is down

I've been trying for three days to upload my ebooks files to Nook. Keep getting 'Sorry we are experience technical difficulties'.

When will that be fixed.

Correspondent
eB00k
0 Kudos

Re: Can't upload book - Nook SIte is down

Hi ffioreaz,

That message can be misleading. Your books may go on sale in spite of the message. It sometimes takes a few days. Some authors have even reported that it can take weeks.

Kind regards, David

Reader
vicki62
0 Kudos

I'm getting the same error trying to update a book of mine.  It's gone on all day.  Hope they fix it soon.

Contributor
ShaunaG
0 Kudos

I have tried to upload the same title four times and each time get the same message as you. I've emailed Pubit! twice for help and have been met with dead silence. So frustrated and disappointed. 

Reader
vicki62
0 Kudos

Same here.

Contributor
NookBookBunny
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. Trying to upload a current version of my book but it says Technical difficulties. Super lame.

Contributor
ShaunaG
0 Kudos

Decided to check and see if my paperback version had populated yet and lo' and behold, the ebook version is there, all three versions. So even though  my dashboard says "processing" under all of the ones I tried to upload, it is on the site. So freaking annoying.

Correspondent
eB00k
0 Kudos

Hi ShaunaG, et al,

A lot of authors are posting similar messages here. I know this can be very frustrating but patience is your friend. Uploading your book multiple times can be a mistake because you may wind up with multiple copies of the same book for sale on B&N.

My wife recently uploaded her first ebook for the Nook through PubIt!. I created the layout for her and converted the book to the ePub format required by the Nook. When she uploaded it, she had the same trouble you're describing. When she clicked the last button to publish it, she received the "Technical Difficulties" message and her book status showed "processing" in her PubIt! book list.

We weren't sure what to do and we thought her book was in limbo.

However, after 36 hours, it was available for sale at B&N and its status in her book list has changed to "on sale". I tested it by purchasing a copy, downloading it to my Nook device and checking the ebook contents. Everything worked great and looked great.

So the "Technical Difficulties" message was meaningless in our case. If she had uploaded more than copy of of her book, then she'd have multiple copies for sale on B&N. This would be bad because authors seem to be having a greater problem editing and/or removing books for sales at PubIt!

I can't say for sure that your books will appear for sale in a couple of days like ours did. There are legitimate reasons why your book may have genuine problems. There may be a problem with its formatting. If you didn't convert it to an ePub, yourself, and properly validate it, then you have no way of knowing because the PubIt! system is terrible at describing the nature of the problems it has converting a submission.

In our case, I had created the ePub file for my wife and had validated. It had zero errors. Then I tested it on a variety of Nook devices and software and it passed all those tests as well. So the likelihood of her ebook file having a problem was very low. Plus, since it was a ready-to-publish ePub file, it did not have to go through the PubIt! converter.

I don't know about each of your books.

Then there's the submission forms, themselves. An error or omission on them could also create a problem. And, unfortunately, as long as your ebook's status is "processing", you have no way to go back and review your entries on the submission forms.

My advice, is: Be patient for a few days and see if your book appears for sale at B&N. If it does, check to make sure its status is no longer "processing". If, after a week, your ebook is not for sale and/or is still "processing", then I would try to contact PubIt! and get help.

B&N and PubIt! certainly seem to have a lot to learn about self-publishing and how to treat hard-working authors. I find Amazon a "dream" to work with by comparison. But don't let the problems here, dissuade you from publishing your book for the Nook. Many of my wife's fans who prefer the Nook are very happy to be able to get her book for this platform. From their perspective, the Nook platform works very well because they don't see the problems we authors and publishers face.

Kind regards, David