Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Crazy Midwest Weather!

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

Re: Crazy Midwest Weather!

Yeah, crazy in mid US as well. Temps reached in the 90s this past weekend but only days before that, some areas of the state saw freezings temps and snow. Very unusual for May. Maybe it's an aspect of what scientists are calling "global warming", although it seems contradictory to that. Maybe it's a weather phenomenon they have yet to identify. The light snow in your picture is beautiful. I love a fresh snowfall :smileyhappy: .

Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
0 Kudos

The warming greenhouse affect puts more moisture in the atmosphere overall. The melting polar icecaps put fresh water into the oceans, which works to change ocean current flows, due to changes in salinity as well as temperature. The changes in ocean current flows is expected to affect the climates of many countries, especially those with considerable seacoasts..

It is beginning to be realized that the melting arctic ice will eventually release "quadrillions of tons" of methane gas from frozen methane hydrate. The methane is flammable, and is about 100 times more effective as a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide. The methane should produce quite a marked temperature increase, even if it does not catch fire. If it does, the Earth's temperature will get very hot very fast, and the Earth's oxygen may be depleted to where human life is no longer possible..

This is all not crazy, it is based on sound scientific principles. The outside temperature today May 14 in Omaha, Nebraska hit a high of 101 F. Computer projections are that the Americam midwest will eventually be like the Sahara desert- extremely hot and dry. Then from where will we get our corn, soiybeans and wheat? You tell me.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

And you wanna know where I am?

Omaha

Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
0 Kudos

Melissa, my website is Philduke.weebly.com, email drpduke@wmconnect.com. Send me an email if you want..