Contributor
WORDSMITHRM
0 Kudos

DAILY SALES NOT SHOWING

I see my Sales Ranking dropping, but no record of sales.

Are the Sales still not showing

Frequent Contributor
raines
0 Kudos

Re: DAILY SALES NOT SHOWING

Ditto, no yesterday either and Iknow I had some.  None today and sales rank is better today

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

I still have not seen credit for sales since the first! I emailed...but did not get a response. I have made myself be patient...for I was really upset at first. But i am beginning to wonder if  putting my books here was worth it. One problem after the other...and rarely do you get a response when you ask for help.

Elaine
Frequent Contributor
darthreader
0 Kudos

Last week my daily sales were showing but my monthly sales were not.  This week the monthly data shows but the daily has vanished.  I guess B&N is still working out the kinks. 

Contributor
MPHeart
0 Kudos

Same here, I imagine they will get it fixed though.  I know of one sale for sure yesterday it is not showing.  Nothing is showing since the sixth.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

I'm also in that boat too. No sales since Jan. 3. The yesterday/today is blank. Hopefully this is the last hiccup before we can have our sales pages up and running smoothly.

Melissa

Cloud Nine  

Contributor
lorilynn
0 Kudos

It happens occasionally and pubit always fixes it. I'm not worried.

I do like the new layout of pubit. just wish I didn't have to log in every time I check my account. 

Lynn Hubbard
www.lynnhubbard.com
Frequent Contributor
ManleyPeterson
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yep, same problem here. No daily sales showing since 1/4/2011. It used to show at least a zero if no sales, but now it doesn't even show that.

Manley Peterson

Manley's Bookshelf
manleypeterson.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

Of the 9 days we've had so far in January 2011, I've had only two days of sales (one of the days had 3 unit-sales and the other 2 unit-sales  = "5"), with no sales appearing from the other 7 days. I have 32 ebooks on Pubit! and on other sellers as well and I don't have 7 day stretches of no sales on any of them (also didn't used to be the case on Pubit). The other two times this happended, were when the sales disappeared off the "my sales tab" and once they reappeared, my sales would not accrue for as much as a week at a time as is now occurring.

As long as the sales are being tracked regardless of what appears on my sales reports, I will be unconcerned. If they are literally lost this would be a different story but I would still not believe it to be intentional and I believe administration is truly doing their best . Not trying to be unreasonable or difficult (or unrealistic) but I'm certain beyond a doubt that my sales have remained dropped, ever since the first glitch occurred a couple months ago.

My "Today's Sales" and "Yesterday's Sales" links appear on my sales tab, they just don't have anything accruing in them. We'll just continue keeping our hopes up, that things will smooth-out and remain that way, sometime in the near future.   

Author
bellaandre
0 Kudos

I've talked with several other people who also have books up on PubIt and it sounds like all of us are in the same boat. Like everyone else, I'm also hopeful that the sales reporting issues will get resolved soon. It was really nice to be able to watch sales in real-time, particularly when I had various promotions going on that were targetin BN.com users. It's far hard to judge the efficacy of my promotions the past week or so.

In any case, I wanted to also comment on how far back my sales spreadsheets are updating. I checked last night and noted on my spreadsheet that sales are still updating for me as far back as December 22nd. I'll admit it does feel a little bit like a gift every time I see the numbers getting bigger. :smileyhappy:

Bella

www.BellaAndre.com

Game For Love (Bad Boys of Football 3, A Contemporary Erotic Romance)

Contributor
Franco_American
0 Kudos

I've not seen any sales reports since the 3rd as well.  My sales report for December has still not been reconciled.   I've held #1 spot for my category since december and my rank has increased a lot, but I have no idea what my sales are.  I trust that B&N is actually tracking the sales and will accurately report them.   I too have emailed numerous times and have had no response.

Anyway, I trust they will have the problem fixed soon.  I cannot imagine them not reporting sales to hide money that they owe to anyone.  They have a reputation to consider and they don't want a class action lawsuit against them ... so iI am sure it's only a matter of time before they fix the problem.  I just wish they would get it done soon.

Contributor
Franco_American
0 Kudos

Someone suggested downloading Google Chrome browswer claiming that sales showed up for him only in that browswer.  I tried it, it does not help.

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

None of my sales have showed up since the first of January. And my email to Publt was never answered. I am more than frustrated with the whole thing. Beginning to think i have wasted my time and efforts. But i sincerely hope that Pubit will prove me wrong. But this has gone on a long time now...I sure hope they do get it fixed soon...I do feel for the ones working on it...They are probably just as frustrated as we are....

Elaine
Contributor
Franco_American
0 Kudos

Don't be discouraged Sayndee.  There are thousands of authors that have been selling books.  I know that for a fact.  I am one of them, and I can prove that I have had numerous sales by ranking alone that have not been accounted for on the sales reports.  I am not the only one. It is happening with everyone at this time.

Barnes & Noble is not a foolish company.  They could never get away with selling what could amount to hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of dollars of sales and not pay out the royalties that are due. That would be inviting a major class action suit against them that would force open their books and if it was found out they were ripping people off it would not be the smartest thing they ever did.  So don't worry, they would never put themselves in a position for that to occur.

I am sure it is as they say.  They were not prepared for the amount of e-book sales over the holidays that they received.  Sure, it seems odd that they did not have the foresight to handle sales but this is where we are.  They must not have been prepared.

Hang in there, it will work out.

Frequent Contributor
Jana_DeLeon
0 Kudos

Actually, Franco, didn't amazon do just that with their "shorts" program? I heard they told authors they had no method of accounting for the sales and many, many authors never saw a dime despite knowing they'd sold books. One would have to file a suit or have the authority to conduct an audit to be certain accounting is sound.

Note: I'm NOT saying that's what's going on here. What's going on here is launching a program before the software was finished or stable. (I work in software development).

Humorous romantic mysteries set deep in the Louisiana bayous.
Buy my backlist. $3.99/book
http://janadeleon.com
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I guess, BN could be updating my sales on certain days as Amazon does it, such as once a week.

drdln

The Power of Breathing  

Contributor
MPHeart
0 Kudos

One thing I have noticed is that they are behind in taking payments for purchases.  I have a gift card from Christmas I have been using to make several purchases.  I have bought I think six books this weekend and I still have my total balance.. So it stands to reason if they are behind in taking payments that may be why we are not seeing anything on our pages.  That is the only thing I can figure.

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

Franco...thanks for your encouragement...but it is frustrating....I am still holding in here...

Elaine
Contributor
LauralynnElliott
0 Kudos

Whew, I'm glad I'm not the only one. My ranking went from the 400's a few days ago to 200 today with no sales showing. I knew that couldn't be right! You don't climb to 200 with no sales. I was almost afraid that it was the rank that was wrong. LOL

Frequent Contributor
MichaelAdams
0 Kudos

Whatever the problem is I am sure it will get worked out.  I have noticed that my sales for December have been increasing still.  I figure that they are more concerned with last months totals than this months.  They have added sales to December as late as Friday.  Normally Barnes updates at 10 pm and 10 am (Mtn. Timezone).  The bigger update happens in the evening, and then a smaller one in the morning.  Due to the weekend being over I would assume that we should see some increases again tonight, either on Decembers totals or January's.

Just relax and let Barnes and Noble fix it.  Let's give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.  I know that the last couple of weeks has been kind of rough for us, but there are tons of us new authors in the system and sales are off the charts.  I am sure that Barnes would gladly be rid of these glitches as much as we would.  I am also sure that this is nothing malicious towards us authors on their end, it just happened during the update that was designed to benefit us.

Let's let them do the reports and get back to doing what we do best, writing.

If someone from Barnes and Noble does happen to read this, we would appreciate it if you kept us in the loop a little more when these things happen.