Contributor
WORDSMITHRM
0 Kudos

Re: DAILY SALES NOT SHOWING

I am sure they are working on the issue of sales not showing.

I would just feel a little better if they responded. Maybe

"we are aware of the issue and are working on it"

Contributor
jondanger
0 Kudos

They have emailed many of us saying exactly that. I read that they had record sales in December and that they are trying to catch up.

It is a good thing in the long run, I believe. I also read that Borders didn't have a good holiday season and could soon become part of Barnes and Noble, which would further expand Pubit's digital market.

2011 is going to be a great year for ebooks -- mark my words! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Franco_American
0 Kudos

Actually, Jana,

This is not what happened with Amazon. B & N is not saying they have no way of tracking sales.  Let me post for you what they sent in an emai. Here is what they said:

"Thank you all for your active involvement and interest in PubIt!

We want to let you know that due to high volume this holiday season, we
are experiencing delays in reporting sales of PubIt! eBooks. This may
result in sales of your eBook titles not showing up promptly on your
Today?s Sales and Yesterday?s Sales reports as well as in your Monthly
Sales reports.

We assure you that all of your sales are being appropriately tracked and
accounted for on the back end and will be reflected on your My Sales tab
once our reporting returns to near real time.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you."

So, unlike Amazon who claimed no way to track orders, B & N is not making that claim.  Like I said, they have put it on record that they are tracking sales.  They could not come along later and say that they have no way of tracking sales.  Just give them some time.  They will get it done.  They would not put themselves in a situation like that.

Frequent Contributor
Jana_DeLeon
0 Kudos

Franco - I clearly stated that I didn't think bn was doing that, but that amazon DID do exactly that. My point being, it is possible to do it and get away with it because amazon did. Given that historical reference for many authors, it is best to avoid even the appearance of such a thing, no?

Also, it is wonderful that you received such an explanatory email, but based on this forum, clearly, most did not. I didn't and would appreciate notice of the problem. I have also emailed bn about this issue and received no response. As I said, I work for a software developer with hundreds of thousands of clients. We send individual notifications and post notifications on our site when our product has a glitch. That's just good customer service. I can patient as long as the next person - I deal with software issues every day - but at work, I am informed.

Jana DeLeon

Humorous romantic mysteries set deep in the Louisiana bayous.
Buy my backlist. $3.99/book
http://janadeleon.com
Frequent Contributor
Swordarkeereon
0 Kudos

I am confident B&N is actively trying to solve the issue. While I have nothing on my reports from the 7th forward, I did notice this morning that my December and January (through the 6th) reports are updating again. This is a good sign because between the 7th-10th nothing was moving at all. To see it moving again tells me things are slowly updating. I agree that this is a case of B&N rolling out the system before it was ready to go. They'll get it all working. It's just going to take some time. In the meantime, as long as the numbers keep updating (somewhere) I'm happy.

-------------
www.sjreisner.com
Frequent Contributor
darthreader
0 Kudos

Ditto.  I notice the sales are accruing on my sales page as well.  I think once B&N works out the bugs, PubIt is going to be an excellent site. 

Contributor
MPHeart
0 Kudos

I noticed the same thing this morning things were updating through the 6th.  That made me happy.  Have a great day everyone!

Frequent Contributor
ManleyPeterson
0 Kudos

In this day and age where people are accustomed to getting information RIGHT NOW, this can be frustrating. But I'm glad they are working on it. I can testify that I just received some updated numbers for Dec 2010 and some new numbers through 1/5/2011.

Manley Peterson

Manley's Bookshelf
manleypeterson.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

I finally received a nice email from B & N this morning, assuring me they are working on the problem, and that all sales are being accounted for. Makes me feel a little better. But it took them an awful long time to respond. But they did apologize for that.

Elaine
Contributor
Franco_American
0 Kudos

Glad to hear that, Jayndee.  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
ManleyPeterson
0 Kudos

It looks like things are finally back to normal. Sales are being reported daily for me.

I'm very excited to see that Bloated Goat is doing so well on B&N. Currently, I'm selling a 3 to 1 ratio of Nook over Kindle.

Manley Peterson

Manley's Bookshelf
manleypeterson.blogspot.com
New User
cydwebster
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if this problem is being fixed? I have 2 people tell me they downloaded my book but I see no record of sales in my account.

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

My sales don't always show up the first day, but they usually do on the seond. This isn't always the case.

Powers Book Two Transition 

Elaine
Frequent Contributor
tjatkins
0 Kudos

Is the sales update lagging again?