Contributor
LoveIR
0 Kudos

Re: Discrepancy between royalty report and payment issued?

Oh hell NO! They are cheating me out of $2800 according to the royalty report. Jesus be a fence! I'm about to lose it. They better not play this game with my money!
Contributor
jcriscuolo
0 Kudos

I also am receiving a 3rd of what i am owed for september sales. i hope the gentleman/lady who wrote the sales report was inaccurate but what was deposited into his/her account is the amount it is supposed to be. this business is hard enough without having to stress about payments due from books sold 3 months ago!

Contributor
jcriscuolo
0 Kudos

not good news considering its christmas

Contributor
jcriscuolo
0 Kudos

really......thats 

almost a sigh of relief

Contributor
JennWright
0 Kudos

Most people are going to have to wait until Monday to see if it hits their bank acct. I am seriously pissed that there isn't a way to talk with someone. UGH!!! The four hundred bucks owed me is for Christmas presents and I have five kids! they need to answer us in here or something!!
Frequent Contributor
Money_Penny
0 Kudos

Yes, me too - they are paying me one third of the royalties that I am due. I am going to stress about it until Monday or whenever it hits the bank. December is not a good month for this to happen (not that its good at any time of year)

Frequent Contributor
Darkbow
0 Kudos

I'm right there with everybody else, about a third not showing up on my report. But I'll be patient and see what happens Monday with my bank account.

tyjohnston.blogspot.com
Contributor
Manga_University
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Same here — just showing 1/3 of what I earned. I'm not worried, though. It's probably just a system glitch, and I have little doubt that the full amount owed will be deposited into my account.

New User
AlexisMH
0 Kudos

Wouldn't it be nice of B&N if they actually corresponded with their authors? No one I've talked to has had any luck getting a response.

Frequent Contributor
jennefere
0 Kudos

OMG I almost panicked when I saw such a low amount. It seems that this is happening to a lot of us. My royalty payment is listed as $200.00 short and I know that's not much compared to everyone else but I needed that money! Especially with Christmas coming. I know this has all the authors here in an uproar and with their poor customer support, I'd be surprised (I mean I might see a pig fly by me) if they answer at least one of us and get this fixed ASAP. 

Jennifer

http://jennifer-hampton.net

http://jennifer-hampton.net
http://beautiful-sins.com
Reader 4
JamesCore
0 Kudos

Same here with the 1/3rd of what shows in the reports.  It seems like (hopefully) a technical error.  It is best not to over react until we see what is deposited into our bank account.

Contributor
SuzieIvy2
0 Kudos

Mine is short 50% but no word back from the powers that be.

Reading, Writing, and Fighting Crime
Contributor
lorilynn
0 Kudos

same here, hope they get it fixed quickly!
Lynn Hubbard
www.lynnhubbard.com
Contributor
XanthumGum
0 Kudos

side issue: Noticed that I got a single digit figure as being my November take - when my monthly report shows a long list of sales throughout Nov.

Emailed them asking WTF? (I did it nicely, though :smileyhappy:

Hoping the latest deposit, when it finally comes, will be for the full amount owed...

Frequent Contributor
Angela_Beegle
0 Kudos

Add my name to the list of people who were heartily surprised to find her 'disbursement' was 1/3 what it should have been. My numbers are smaller than many of yours, but the money is important to me. I don't understand what happened.

I would love to be able to help the rest of you with this problem, but I find the company to be as impossible to contact as you all do.

Contributor
handberry
0 Kudos

In any event, when you get your deposit could you let us know?  Sadly, when ever they deposit on a friday i don't usually see the deposit in my account till tuesday or Wednesday.  Would be nice to know this is just a tech issue before then.

www.veenstrapublishing.biz

Author Troy Veenstra
www.veenstrapublishing.biz
Frequent Contributor
darthreader
0 Kudos

Yep!  I have the same problem.  Hope they fix it. 

Reader
Jason_Kristopher

[ Edited ]

Just checked my bank account and separate records. The payment deposited in my account is the same as indicated by my sales records.

The error appears to be in what B&N is reporting on the My Sales “Payment Details” report.

There is no error or discrepancy in the deposit itself. To put it another way, I got all the money I was owed.

Reader 2
Quashae
0 Kudos

Dont worry they deposited all the funds, by the way what kind of books do you publish if you dont mind me asking
Frequent Contributor
Money_Penny
0 Kudos

Thank Goodness!

The funds were deposited and the amount is correct despite the massive blooper in the royalty column that gave me some kind of a heart attack.

Everyone else okay too?