Frequent Contributor
TinaFolsom
0 Kudos

Download sample - feature disappeared

Has this happened to anybody else? All my books are now missing the "download sample" feature both on the website and on the Nook itself.

Here's the link to my books. could somebody please check if that's also happening when they click from their computer?

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=EBOOK&WRD=tina+folsom&ugrp=2

thanks

Tina Folsom

Reader
MicaJadeBooks
0 Kudos

Re: Download sample - feature disappeared

Hi Tina... yes, the download sample is missing on Gabriel's Mate. Same for mine.

Mica Jade

Frequent Contributor
TinaFolsom
0 Kudos

thanks Mica, I've emailed support. They'd better be fixing this fast, or I'm going to lose sales. Personally, I never buy a book unless I've downloaded a sample first.

Frequent Contributor
TinaFolsom
0 Kudos

I called the B&N support line who couldn't help me, but palmed me off to a number 732-656-7285 which is nothing more than a recorded FAQ line. I called again, and the next person at B&N couldn't help me either, and suggested I'd email support. She said there's no way to contact pubit support by phone. Is that right? Has anybody ever spoken to pubit support directly, not the 1-800--843-2665 number.

Contributor
WORDSMITHRM
0 Kudos

I would suggest if you can not down load a sample

of a new work, try to purchase one. I did and was

unable to get sample or purchase a copy to download.

Item states on sale, but can not be downloaded plus

book cover will not upload

Frequent Contributor
TinaFolsom
0 Kudos

wordsmithrm - it's actually not a new work -- it's all my books, and the sample feature used to work.

I'm having the suspicion that B&N is censoring certain authors now; just discovered that there's no download sample feature on a lot of the erotic romance / erotica author's books, even though they seem to be singling out certain authors and allowing others to have sample downloads on their books. Maya Banks & Lora Leigh who both write erotica still have their sample downloads intact.

Frequent Contributor
rmsmi
0 Kudos

The download sample feature has never worked on my book. I don't think B&N is singling out any authors. It seems more like a random glitch. Yet it does seem odd that some books are fine while others are not. Unfortunately B&N support is virtually nonexistent. I once received an email about 4 days after I emailed them and they said everyone is having issues and they're wokring on it. Not much we can do but roll with it.

Reader 4
Ellen_Fisher
0 Kudos

I don't think it's a random glitch in this case, as it seems to be only erotica books that are affected, as far as I can tell.