Contributor
TylerC
0 Kudos

Each Paragraph on a seperate page

Hey guys, are any of you experiencing problems with your manuscripts and each paragraph is on a seperate page?

I have contacted NOOK Press Support, and they say that the images that I have (there is around 10 which are each at the beginning of a paragraph) are spreading the the paragraphs out. 

But I took a photo out to see if it would fix it, and it hasn't. 

NOOK Press won't respond now. 

Any help or ideas?

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Re: Each Paragraph on a seperate page

I used Word 2003. I put all of the pictures on separate pages from the text. Used page break before and after pictures.
Contributor
TylerC
0 Kudos

Well the photos were not in the word document that I uploaded to NOOK Press.  It was just text, and I added the photos in the manuscript editor. 

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Insert your photos in the Word document. That should work. I would think that to edit something, that something has to be in the ms to edit. You are inserting the photos with the editor. That could be causing the problem.
Frequent Contributor
goldenstatewriter
0 Kudos

I would not upload word docs. Go download Calibre, convert the book to epub yourseld, then check the epub doc to make sure it is the way you want it. Then upload -that-. Book converters are notorious for having issues with MS Word. Word will stick 'special' characters into manuscripts that completely hose up any converter.

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

I uploaded 2 books with Word 2003. They are fine. If someone uses Word 2007 or 2010, they should save as Word 97-2003. That leaves out the code in the newer Words.