Frequent Contributor
Thriller-Writer
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

File Types on Nook Press (And Cover question)

[ Edited ]

Okay, I published a book back in January, before all of this Nook Press business sprung up. Amidst all the support page links, I saw formatting tips for four different file types (word, txt, html and ePub). Now, I've started to think that all I have to do is upload my correctly formatted Microsoft Word file and go from there. Maybe I'm misreading the FAQ. The only reason I'm asking is because I currently have the formatting program Sigil on my computer, and now I'm wondering if I even need it anymore. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions when it comes to cover designing? My friend who did my first cover has a lot going on, so I'm trying to figure out where to look. Any ideas? 

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: File Types on Nook Press (And Cover question)

I'm *always* looking for new clients :smileyvery-happy: This is my price sheet. Check it out, or not, no biggie.

And yes, I would keep Sigil. Nook Press will only screw up your doc. Uploading epub is, in my opinion, the only way to upload our books.

Frequent Contributor
Thriller-Writer
0 Kudos

Thank you. I'll definately consider looking to you for a cover.

Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

If you'd like to see what kind of work I can create, these are my finished covers:smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

Mellisa,

I looked at your prices and they are super cost-effective. You are one of the few actual professionals at formatting and cover creation that I have seen. Your covers are amazing -- absolutely top notch.

Back when I had more available funds, I would have used your services if I had known about them. My ebook formatting in many of my titles, falls below being truly professional, so the main thing I have going for me is that my information is very good (most of my titles are need-to-know and how-to type works). I believe my works to be well-written as well.

Same goes for my ebook covers. I used paint tools in my word program but they are moderately professional (if that's not a misnomer for describing them). I actually, just recently re-created all of my covers. If someday in the future, I'm able to use your services, I will certainly do so.

Just had to let you know how good your stuff looks!:smileyhappy:

Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos