Reader
JLRasmussen
0 Kudos

Getting Started

I'm just about to start this new adventure of publishing my books through B&N.  I'm excited and scared at the same time.  I have a few questions that some of you experienced authors could help me with.

1.  Do you get an ISBN # when you submit your book for publication?  And if so, how do you know...and if not, can you get one yourself through the ISBN website and put it on your book?

2.  Beside self promotion, does B&N advertise your book an anyway?

3.  I have friends and family that already have e-readers, which isn't the Nook (or B&N readers)...are they able to download my book for their e-readers?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.  I'm sure you have some great advice to avoid the pitfalls some of you have experienced.

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

Re: Getting Started

They will furnish your book with an ISBN if there isn't one. Kindle, B&N and elsewhere tend to furnish their own  from their sites. They guide you through the individual steps. A suggestion, if you have your document in Word, make sure you save it as a 97-2003 Word...as the newer version does not upload well. Also, make sure your cover is set at their specifications. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Elaine
Reader
JLRasmussen
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. I was just looking at the Amazon site to see if they had the same benefits for "self-publishers" as B&N. Do you have your book with more than one e-publisher?
Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

I'm sending you a private message...look for envelope at top.

Elaine