New User
turtle98
0 Kudos

Getting 'technical difficulties' during book submission

Recently, every time I tried to submit my book, I got the following message:

We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.

After that, the book status is changed to 'Processing' and stays there forever. Anyone know what is going on and how to resolve it?

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: Getting 'technical difficulties' during book submission

Turtle, I wish I could tell you there were an easy fix, but there isn't. Pubit has been experiencing troubles for some time now and unfortunately, you have to be patient. You can try to email them, but that doesnt seem to get you anything more than a form email saying thank you for contacting them and bla bla bla.

Also, others have come in and said that even though their book on their dashboard says processing, after a few days, it's actually live. You just have to search for it to find it.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

This is an ongoing situation. If this is the book's first time up, it will take a while to become visible and be processing for some time, until tomorrow probably. If it was published before and you are just reloading a edited version, it should be up soon. Even though it says there are difficulties, things are probably working anyway.

Elaine
New User
JWSchaeffer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am having the same issue except my status is not changing from "For Sale" to "Processing"

I submit my revised edition; I get the technical difficulties error; nothing happens with the status or the contents of the book.

I sent an email but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone else gone through the exact thing that is happening with my revision update?

Frequent Contributor
cale
0 Kudos

I can't believe they haven't got this fixed yet. Here it is Saturday already. Gimme a break. B&N has got to have the worst run website of all the major book retailers. This is purley ridiculous.

Frequent Contributor
SF50
0 Kudos

Not sure if this qualifies as an update but ..

I had a client send an updated EPUB today and she of course got the 'technical difficulties' error. I had her go back in to the 'edit' screen and check the file name listed for the book under section 2 and the file name listed was the new version she sent up. I don't know that the system is actually going to replace her book file with the new one but at the very least it didn't process it to some point.

SF

eB Format - eBook conversions and formatting

JWSchaeffer wrote:

I am having the same issue except my status is not changing from "For Sale" to "Processing"

I submit my revised edition; I get the technical difficulties error; nothing happens with the status or the contents of the book.

I sent an email but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone else gone through the exact thing that is happening with my revision update?

New User
enochjames
0 Kudos

Yeah, I've had the same thing happen several times during the past few weeks.  My emails go unanswered except for the canned response.

Reader
JamesEdgerly
0 Kudos

I have an edit to make to my book and I've been trying every hour (except while sleeping) for the last day and a half and get the "We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience."  I'm glad the update is not critical, but I have other things to do besides for submitting the same change 25+ times.

Frequent Contributor
Darkbow
0 Kudos

I've been getting that message for weeks, but yesterday was finally able to update some information on one of my e-books. So maybe they're getting around to fixing their problems?

tyjohnston.blogspot.com
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

James-

For the most part, that error message seems to be some sort of glitch and means nothing. More than likely you've already updated your book many times over. We're not sure why we keep getting that error message, but we're all getting it when we upload or update a book but within 12-24 hours our books are live.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Reader
JamesEdgerly
0 Kudos

Thank you Mrs Smith.  I had been going in and checking the "read instantly" since the update was at the very beginning, in the copyright section.  It had not updated, until recently.  I went in and checked it after your message, and it has finally been updated.  Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to me.  regards, Jim

Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos