Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

Good possibility website responsible for many loss of sales....

Fellow authors, this is mentioned on another website, as well. Here is the link to a place that is taking our books and giving them away for free!

http://pdf.pdfebookes.com/

I found several of my books there, as well as books of other author friends. You might want to make sure your books aren't listed there. I asked them to remove mine immediately.

Elaine
Frequent Contributor
EinsteinPD
0 Kudos

Re: Good possibility website responsible for many loss of sales....

I did a search under my name and found six of my KDP and Pubit ebooks with copyright listed as available for free! I immediately directed them to remove these and any other ebooks of mine from their website. Their add has several grammatical errors, and they claim to ship you free ebooks from Amazon.com..

Thank you Elaine for bringing this situation to everyone's attention. I suggest that Amazon.com should also be notified.

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

Haven't gone there yet but have found ,mine on such websites before. Have you guys clicked one of the claimed "free" eBooks all the way through? I ask because the times I saw mine on these, they actually only have a blurb-length portion and then it ends with them giving a link as an affliate via to Amazon or another bookseller.

Try clicking one through and see where it takes you, to see if this might be the case.

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

No. They give you a choice of files to download. They are giving the books away in pdf, zipped, etc.

You should take a look.

Elaine
Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

I actually clicked all the way through for my book and downloaded it. When I went to open it it ssays I need a code to unlock it, so I went to the page to do that and to get the code you have to answer several survey questions.

I didn't go that far.

So maybe others willl give up after all that too.

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm definitely going to go there because that doesn't sound good! We may need to register complaints with the IC3 (FBI Division that investigates internet fraud). It really steams me when these idiots get online, thinking they can do anything they like :smileymad:. I used to write for content websites that had strict copyright terms posted publicly and the rip off artists still managed to re-post articles I had at these.

I'll post again, once I see if my ebooks are there. I suspect some of them are.