New User
heatherhudak
0 Kudos

Re: Great PubIt Reads

Here's links to some of the Pubit books i've enjoyed so far--I hope you don't mind that I've put my own into the mix as well.

Falling From Grace (Grace Series #1)  

Grace of Day (Grace Series #4)  

Black Halo (Grace Series #3)  

Bird Song (Grace Series #2)  

Ascend (Trylle Trilogy, #3)  

Torn (Trylle Trilogy, #2)  

Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1)  

Immortal  

Easily Amused  

Breathless 

New User
opi3471
0 Kudos

I have just published my first ebook called "Justice For All". It has demons, swords, a vigilante and more! Please take a look at the sample and synopsis to see what you think. Thx! http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/2940012204455/?itm=1&USRI=opiola

Frequent Contributor
darthreader
0 Kudos

The Picasso Apple  

Here's one for artists and kids. 

Frequent Contributor
darthreader
0 Kudos

Alien Captive--A BDSM Erotica Sci-fi Romance  

Here's one for grownups who are fans of sci-fi and erotica romance. 

Contributor
Kerbygirl
0 Kudos

If you love to laugh and love dogs, you'll enjoy these six DELIGHTFUL stories for $2.99: Dyson the Terrible Puppy.  The cover photo is a great intro to why he is also a beloved part of our family!

Humorous Speaker / Writer
Georgia Press Association Award Winning Writer
Chicken Soup for the Soul / Guideposts Magazine / Savannah Magazine
New User
bwretlind
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

CASTLES: A Fictional Memoir of a Girl with Scissors 

Castles started out as a short story and turned into an experimental literary novel written by a voice in my head.  That voice (Maggie) took 7 years to spill her beans, so-to-speak.   It was never meant to be published in the traditional sense. 

Castles is also short; it's roughly 50,000 words, which ranks it at the edge of the "it's a novel/no, it's a novella" category.  At one point I thought artwork would be nice, too . . . until I realized I can't draw a stick figure without it looking more like a palsied blob of melted crayon.

I have other books I am trying to push through traditional methods (query-agent-publisher), but Castles was never meant to be one of them.

SO, WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT?

When Maggie was six, she hid from desert storms under a sink where Comet and Windex were kept. Now twenty, she welcomes the storms.

Maggie has been abused. She has been torn apart by the sins of others and constantly feels as if she's living on the verge of a grand epiphany. Then again, she may just be insane. She really doesn't know if the four bodies she dismembered and placed inside a rusted Volkswagen Bus are the only bricks left to her castle in the sky, but she hopes you'll understand if they're not.

Castles is the story of Maggie and how she built her castle, one brick at a time. It's a literary horror novel about love and redemption, belief and revenge and what brings a person to madness. Set in a nameless desert in a nameless town, it is the view into the life of a young woman who wonders: is madness really mad?

Frequent Contributor
darthreader
0 Kudos

Between the Dead and the Living--A Paranormal Romance  

Here's one for all you paranormal romance fans. 

New User
DanicoleLP
0 Kudos

I recommend the book called, Oddily. It has an innocent love story with a time travel twist. It is considered to be both a compelling and enjoyable read!

synopsis:

There are three things the shy, awkward Oddily knows for sure.

She would rather be anyone other than herself…

She wants to fit in at school…

And strange things are happening to her.

For Oddily, she tries to keep an open mind…

But what she discovers is too unbelievable to think about…

Too magical too consider, and too dangerous to ignore.

Oddily becomes trapped in an adventure like no other.

Contributor
JPAZ357
0 Kudos

I just finished reading State of Rebellion by Gordon Ryan. Good stuff!

State of Rebellion, Pug Connor Book One

"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed."
- Richard (Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind)
New User
Linda_Krietz
0 Kudos

Re: Great PubIt Reads - Chastity Lane Erotica

Hi Jeremy-

Thanks for starting this thread!

I love my Nook and have become a huge fan of Chastity Lane. She describes herself as 'romantic erotica' and I have to say I agree. She currently has 5 erotic short stories (available separately or as an anthology). I bought one, loved it, and had to get the anthology!

The stories are extremely explicit and steamy, but centered around romantic couples enjoying each other. No violence or strangers involved. Voyeurism is there in a few of the stories to spice things up :smileyhappy:

Anyone looking for a great collection to bring to the bedroom should check these out:

Island Ecstasy (Anthology)

Drenched

Open

Lush

Swayed

Frequent Contributor
ManleyPeterson
0 Kudos

Re: Great PubIt Reads - Bloated Goat

Bloated Goat is a humorous middle grade children’s book filled with interesting, unique characters who find themselves in strange and silly situations. It is a light-hearted fantasy adventure in the same spirit as Shrek, Madagascar, and Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and would be a perfect match for adults and children who love to read together.

It has received great reviews from a variety of people. Check it out for $.99 on Nook.

Bloated Goat

Manley Peterson

Manley's Bookshelf
manleypeterson.blogspot.com
Contributor
BenShi
0 Kudos

I'm new here, so I read for a while to make sure it's okay to promote your own book in this thread. Some have, so I assume it's allowed?

I would love for some of you to give a review of Zebra's Cove if you get the chance to read a bit of it. I'm always interested in what people think about my work.

Thanks!

Ben

New User
Lokisgirl333
0 Kudos

I was glad to see so many who agreed that Amanda Hocking has great reads. I have read all of her books that are at B&N but my favorite is Hollowland. I have referred her books to many friends so I feel obligated to mention her here.

New User
RainyAprilDay
0 Kudos

Teacher, Touch Me by Thorny Rose.  It is explicit, but well written too.  It is about 20 pages (6800 words) and appeals to various heterosexual appetites.  It's only 99 cents, so give it a trThe Thorny Rose  

Teacher, Touch Me  y!

Author of erotica short fiction, Teacher, Touch Me. Soon to have Angel's Got a Gun and Landing the Job available as well.
New User
annest
0 Kudos

Thanks for this thread! I'd like to suggest an ebook anthology of mystery/crime short stories, titled A Woman's Touch: 11 Short Stories of Murder and Misdemeanors. It has stories by such authors as Libby Fischer Hellmann, Denise Dietz, M.M. De Voe, Tracie McBride, Miles Archer, Karen Burgess, JoAnne Lucas, Laura Hartman, Courtney Mroch, and Marianne Crone. Stories range from humorous to police procedural, but all have women (in a couple cases, girls) at their heart.

Frequent Contributor
Chicki663
0 Kudos

My new release, HOLLYWOOD SWINGING, is now available on Nook  for only $2.99!

What does a newlywed bride do when she discovers another woman is obsessed with her husband?

That is the dilemma Shontae Burke finds herself in when she moves to Los Angeles with her husband, Devon, an up-and-coming movie star. Living in Hollywood has turned out to be more than she ever expected. Movie premieres and fabulous parties have become part of her life, but no one could have prepared her to become the target of a woman who’s determined to take her place in Devon’s life.

She’s in for the fight of her life.

Chicki Brown

New blog:  http://bit.ly/mUQfQi 
Web site: http://www.chicki663.webs.com

Correspondent
statomattic
0 Kudos

The Easy Part  My first ebook just went on sale this afternoon. It is autobiographical: my story of overcoming cancer and becoming a marathon runner in the span of 20 months. I am donating all profits to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I think you will like the book, but even if you dislike it, you will still be helping in the fight against cancer by purchasing it. Check it out, enjoy, and thanks!

New User
IslandJoe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My book The Last Ruble is doing very well online, plus in Key West. Thx for the support.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Last-Ruble-A-Story-is-Born/Joe-Wells/e/2940012231451

Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

This book is sthe first in a series of 8 with #9 comig soon. It's only $.99. Come see us to promote your book at 1500authors.com

Marti Talbott's Highlander Series I (Anna, Rachel & Charlet)  

Also availabe in Nook Books. 

Seattle Quake 9.2  

Frequent Contributor
darthreader
0 Kudos

Here's one for all you heathens, non-heathens. 

Atheism