Frequent Contributor
JeremyCesarec
0 Kudos

Great NOOK Press Reads

[ Edited ]

Use this thread for a place to share great NOOK Press books and authors you've found.

Contributor
jradiomanp
0 Kudos

Re: Great PubIt Reads

[ Edited ]

LOVE EVERLASTING is an intensely intimate bittersweet love story, wrapped around a kidnapping, locked inside a tragedy.

If you enjoy reading a really good love story, then you're going to relish reading LOVE EVERLASTING: an urban love story. Laina Byzell is a twenty-two year old street-smart, wise-cracking, drug-addicted barmaid. Gaetan Nardowsky is a twenty-four year old computer geek born and bred in Philly who has problems meeting and speaking with women. So he takes it upon himself to kidnap Laina to force her to get to know the real Gaetan. What results is a torrid love affair. But a detective with the Philadelphia Police Department, bound and determined to find the kidnapper, threatens to crush a love affair destined to bring Gaetan and Laina everlasting happiness.

WARNING: gets steaming hot in certain sections.

LOVE EVERLASTING is where youthful angst meets The Stockholm Syndrome

Visit our website at: www.love-everlasting.net and read 2 sample chapters and don’t forget to download your FREE copy of JUSTIN’S UNIQUE BEST OF THE BEST MOVIE LIST. (updated weekly)
Frequent Contributor
parKb5
0 Kudos

Some good Pubit books I've picked up so far include:

Fire Burn and Caldrun Bubble

Hush Money

Hollowland

All are really good and all are only $0.99!

Eden
My first ebook is up for sale for only $0.99!
Contributor
girlwrite
0 Kudos

Hey Jeremy,

I think I know a good book.  Of course it's my own - Fish and Grits - African American Fiction.  I would really appreciate some reads and LOVE some reviews.

Tina

Fish and Grits 

Crazy is like sunshine, it always comes out!
New User
Marcus4381
0 Kudos

For only .99 cents, give Fury From Within a read. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Fury-From-Within/Francis-Smith/e/2940011970085/?itm=1&USRI=fury+fro...

In May 1975, at the height of the Cold War, the Soviet Union strategically buried 32 small, briefcase sized nuclear weapons in and around prominent civilian targets in the United States.

It was also happened to be Michael Forsythe’s first month on the job as an FBI agent.

Thirty-five years later, Forsythe is just weeks from retirement until he recognizes an old KGB nemesis surface in the US, one that was supposedly murdered many years before, only now he was operating in the company of known terrorists.

When Forsythe discovers his nemesis was originally responsible for burying most of the nuclear weapons on US soil he alerts his counterparts in the British MI-6 and Russian GRU - now all hot on the terrorists trail hoping to put a stop to their actions before it’s too late.

Author
novelimagination
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The Chimney Still Stands

by

Tammy Snyder

Buy it Today and get 25% Off!!! (Get coupon code from bn.com home page!)

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Chimney-Still-Stands/Tammy-Snyder/e/2940012027771/?itm=1

Synopsis

A dying man, returning to his childhood home, must relive a past that has cost him everything in order to find the peace and forgiveness he desperately needs.

Tandon Bowman, newly promoted as manager of a survey team for the National Park Service, is told his new job is to go to the one place he had tried hard to stay away from - Jasper, Arkansas. It is to be his job to help the distraught landowners along the Buffalo River understand why they will lose their land to the nationalizing of the river.

JulieAnn Peterson, editor of the local newspaper, while always wishing her old high school sweetheart would return, is stunned that evening at the town meeting when she sees Tandon standing there before the podium.

Knowing that Tandon works for the very government that is taking homes and land from the ones he loves would put a strain on any relationship. But, will it stand in the way of healing an old rift between he and his father? Will it ruin his chance to be with the only woman he has ever loved? Or will giving up his dream job be his only chance at real happiness?

The Chimney Still Stands on "eStands" everywhere! :smileyhappy:

AND...I am now available for Virtual Author Visits via Skype!
Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
New User
Nancy_C_Johnson
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi, Jeremy

Thanks for this thread. :smileyhappy:

I would like to add a few other great books to the list! I humbly offer my own as well....

These are inexpensive but very worthwhile reads!

Take the Monkeys and Run by Karen Cantwell 

Not What She Seems by Victorine Lieske

Tempest by Holly Hook

Out of Time by Monique Martin

Secondary Targets by Sandra Edwards

Loose Ends - A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery  by Terri Reid

My Blood Approves  by Amanda Hocking

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, a Paranormal Romance / Urban Fantasy (Book 1 of the Jolie Wilkins Ser...  by H.P. Mallory

PORTAL (Portal Chronicles Book One) by Imogen Rose

Her Last Letter  by Nancy C. Johnson

Thanks! Nancy

New User
KatEyes62
0 Kudos

Hello! Thanks for the thread. I would like to introduce the ebook, "I Can: Attain Fulfillment In Life". This is a good read to start the New Year! It's so inspiring and easy to read. It also includes affirmations and stimulating quotes. If anyone is looking for inspiration or a boost to start the new year right, this it the book to read!
Contributor
TreesRme
0 Kudos

A Good Night's Peace

"A Good Night's Peace,"  a true story out of Austin, Texas is one of the most beautifully written and profound books of our time.  It is a must read for everyone who must come to terms with a difficult situation or person.  You will cry, you will laugh, your heart will leap.  God is very much in the world!  This book will help you see Him in all things and circumstance.  In a world of trendy sequels, it is a refreshing experience to come back to good literature.

Contributor
Stephen_Elsberry
0 Kudos

It may sound like shameless self-promotion, but I advance my own title "Who's Afraid of Sharia?"--an essay/article providing an unusual solution to put an end to the 'war on terror' and reverse anti-American sentiment in the Muslim world--as a great read. Check it out to see how easily a foreign policy of non-interventionism in their internal affairs would dampen the all of the antagonism within a matter of months.

Frequent Contributor
2ndhandstory
0 Kudos
Contributor
MikePoe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/2940012689535/

I feel the same way: my collection of poems chronicling the growth and potential of humanity, and development of society. It's more fun than it sounds!

Contributor
merwalker
0 Kudos

Re: Great PubIt Reads LEGEND OF THE MER

As a new author, I also offer my book:  LEGEND OF THE MER

A great read for teens!  It's about a seventeen year old girl named Lana Prentis whose father is the lighthouse keeper and the keeper of many secrets.  Lana is different than other people on Safe Harbor Island; she has webbed fingers and toes, white hair, milky-white skin and silver eyes.

Only after her P. E. Teacher gives her private swimming lessons does she begin to find out the truth about who she is and who her mother was as well.  She discovers that she does have a purpose to her life and a heritage as rich and deep as the sea and that her future lies beneath it.

I originally wrote this story when I was seventeen in my High School Creative Writing class.

Sheri L. Swift  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
KrystalMclaughlin
0 Kudos

Re: Great PubIt Reads LEGEND OF THE MER

My YA book THE WITCHES LOTTERY has been climbing the sales ranks since it was published at the beginning of the month. 

It's sequel, A DRAGON FORSAKEN should be out within the next month.

Check it out if you like magic, romance, and a lot of unexpected twists!

Inspired Contributor
pam-livingimage
0 Kudos

May I add three complete novels for $0.99 cents each!

Midnight Reflections  - Romantic Suspense

The Necromancer  - Paranormal  (mature content, scary fun)

The Living Image  - SF Suspense

Author
bellaandre
0 Kudos

I would like to recommend two books by Tina Folsom and Ava Meyers. Here are two great ones:

Gabriel's Mate (Scanguards Vampires Series)

Copping To It

And this next book has received many wonderful reviews from readers (Yes, it's mine. :smileyhappy: )

Game For Love (Bad Boys of Football 3, A Contemporary Erotic Romance)  

:smileyhappy: Bella

www.BellaAndre.com

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Are we talking about books by other authors only? I think even if the book of posting author is selling good, is a great read.  Wish you all the very best in 2011.

Frequent Contributor
ManleyPeterson
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Bloated Goat is a humorous middle grade children’s book filled with interesting, unique characters who find themselves in strange and silly situations. It is a light-hearted fantasy adventure in the same spirit as Shrek, Madagascar, and Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and would be a perfect match for adults and children who love to read together.

Here is a brief overview:

When Granny Hammy finds Bloated Goat face down in her front yard's drainage ditch, her grandson Cocky Doodle thinks nothing of it. In fact, he says that’s just another normal day for his best friend. But when they discover that Bloated Goat has little black Xs for eyes and is even more bloated than normal, they realize it is much more serious.

Come join the fun in a wacky adventure filled with jewel thieves, a despondent wolf, an alligator gangster, a kingdom of hungry mushrooms, a shocking skunk wedding, and a mysteriously powerful chameleon known as Crazy Ned.

Bloated Goat is about 19,000 words and 80 pages long.

Manley Peterson

Manley's Bookshelf
manleypeterson.blogspot.com