Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

Re: HELP---All my sales info is missing!

Mrs. Smith: Ditto!

Elaine
Frequent Contributor
JenniferBecton
0 Kudos

I can see yesterday and today, but, like you, all monthly numbers are gone and my dropdown menu is blank. I have emailed PubIt about the matter.

This would not be nearly the conern that it has become if someone from the PubIt team acknowledged that the issue existed and stated that they were working on resolving the problem and that we were in no danger of losing the sales we made or the money we earned.

No one here is saying that we expect perfection right out of the gate, but we do appreciate knowing what is going on!

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

I couldn't agree more! Any word or note to say that they have heard us and are working to resolve this would go a long way to making us feel better. I realize that it is Sunday and they are all probably home, but someone surely can at least tell us that they have been here and will attack this problem ASAP when they all return to their computers tomorrow morning.

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I saw my sales all zero-out a couple of days ago as well. This occurred in my case, the very next day after the email arrived regarding payments being issued. The email mentioned that you can view the payment on your sales tab page but mine states "no payments issued". My past months are also all gone from my dropdown menu and no sales for any days are appearing - not today's, yesterday's or anything.

Some weeks ago I posted regarding this zeroing-out happening the other times, followed by no sales accruing on my sales tab page for days or even a week at a time. I think some on the forum may have thought that I was expecting guaranteed sales and that was not the case at all. I've watched several months go by and know beyond any doubt that I will not miss having sales for several days or a week at a time - not to sound arrogant but "it ain't gonna happen". Some of the sales were accruing, just not making it to my sales reports page. I was glad to see posts by other publishers who also knew some of their sales didn't make it to their lists.

I do kind of wonder if it's necessary for each one of us experiencing this, to send emails. Surely it's a fix-all situation and they don't have to know which of our accounts have these problems. If it does require each of us to write, they will hopefully make this clear with a new post on the forum.

With all this said, I believe the Pubit! team is on the issue and doing their level-best to get it corrected. Speaking for myself, it's easier to be patient after seeing how well my 34 items are doing on the B&N site and knowing the issue is affecting other publishers. The gitches may yet pop up here and there as time goes by but as they fix them, this will also help them to perfect the platform over time. I will venture to also say that they may be surprized at the level of sales that have been taking place - that's good for us if this is the case!

Hang in there my fellow publishers, I believe the light at the end of the tunnel is not far away!

Contributor
SeventhStarPress
0 Kudos

hi Jim,

I think that it helps that you, Melissa, Elaine, and others are posting their experiences on this thread.  The descriptions show that many of us are having the same problem.  I hope it is a problem on the reporting to us and not on the accounting and actual sales records.  As I've stated before, I know the sales in my case are valid as I know of and can contact several readers who have our titles on their Nook right now as we speak.   One of the first sales was a test buy that we did ourselves through a friend to see how things worked when we first moved titles onto Pubit. 

I will give B+N the benefit of the doubt, as long as we hear from someone shortly and it is addressed and the sales are reposted from the months that went blank.  It is just unnerving to see sales vanish in their entirety from a reports page, when you know of, and can verify beyond any doubt, that sales did indeed take place in those time windows.

Author
BarbaraFreethy
0 Kudos

Now all my titles and sales info are missing ... seems like a big glitch... hard to have confidence in their reporting with all these problems.

Barbara Freethy

Barbara Freethy
www.barbarafreethy.com
Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

Thanks SSP,

I agree that Pubit! admin should update us on this issue and I believe they will. Hopefully they wil also specficially reassure regarding confirmation of sales - in comparing them to what appears on our sales report pages. I think this would reveal the discrepancies we are referring-to. That-is, it will if the problem does not also affect the other accounting.

I believe we'll hear from them or simply see the sales tabs updated soon. We are afterall their bread & butter, as much as they are ours. I believe we all want a long and successful relationship and one key to that is communication on major issues.

I remain confident in a resolution.

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

Barbara,

I would venture to say that it's a sign they're working on it.

I tried to login to my account and couldn't. I have highspeed connect, so also likey a sign they are trying to fix the issues.

It may take them some days (very likely), so we'll have to be patient.

Contributor
SeventhStarPress
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara,

keep us posted about how things go with you and your reports this week.  I hope that it gets sorted out.

Author
novelimagination
0 Kudos

Some say they also use Kindle? So, it's okay to publish on B&N's Pubit AND Kindle?

The Chimney Still Stands on "eStands" everywhere! :smileyhappy:

AND...I am now available for Virtual Author Visits via Skype!
Frequent Contributor
Slowreader1
0 Kudos

Think of Amazon and B&N (and Apple and Sony!) as booksellers. You are the publisher, and you can publish at any and all of these venues. You may find, as I do, that Amazon outsells B&N ten to one. Don't even think of not getting your book into Kindle format!

Author
novelimagination
0 Kudos

Great! I'm on it right now! Thanks!

The Chimney Still Stands on "eStands" everywhere! :smileyhappy:

AND...I am now available for Virtual Author Visits via Skype!
Reader
LoriBrighton
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem. I have no info; not even the months to pick from. It has happened here before but also fixed itself rather quickly. Since its been like 3 days I finally emailed and got a form reply saying to read the faqs or forums. I kind of didn't appreciate that. I was expecting a personal email as I've always heard Amazon does.

I first posted my book in Oct. and today did get my payment for that. But it was very low. Nov. and Dec were great months for me so of course I am worried about not even seeing those payments in the My Sales box.

As for Amazon vs B&N... In Nov and Dec I sold a ton of books on B&N, much more than on Amazon. But now it seems to be leveling off. Its odd how that happens. Wonder why we sell more on one site over the other and at certain times.  

New User
mlpike
0 Kudos

I am very new to all of this, as of December, and was both equally pleased and disturbed by this thread.  I have been waiting for some time now, (over a week) for a report of the sales of my ebook that I know have occurred and have found nothing listed in my sales report.  I do have a phone number, but it is for an automated system that requires me to send a detailed fax, outlining the problem.  Given that I have sent numerous emails that did not appear to be read by those responding, I am very disheartened by this entire process.

If anyone is able to clarify how this is supposed to work with regard to tracking of sales I would certainly appreciate their assistance.

Thank you.

Contributor
SeventhStarPress
0 Kudos

Hi Marian,

glad you joined the thread, as hopefully we'll get someone from B+N to address the problems here so that everyone can get an answer at once.  It seems that there is a variance of experiences, but that many people here did lose their reports on the last months of 2010 (we saw our October-December sales vanish, even though we know of many people directly that are regular buyers of our titles that can show you their Nook purchase of one of these vanished sales today). 

I hope that they are able to get this straightened out, and make 2010 reports accessible again, as with Kindle you can call up data of sales from previous months.

Frequent Contributor
darthreader
0 Kudos

This sort of thing happened before and it was fixed, so hang in there. 

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

SSP,

I made mention in another thread of similar concerns that it could be that Pubit! closed out the previous year and that the sales report pages will only show sales from the current year's months. Of course I don't know that to be the case but I think it's a possibility. Also: Those who reported still being able to see the months of Oct - Dec of 2010, may also see those disappear.

It may be that Pubit! expected us to make note or record of the other two months, of which payments will be issued over the next two months but the dropdown menu will only show the current year's months. Again, I'm guessing but feel this is a possibility.

When you think about it, November and December will be the only months left owing at the end of each year. We who thought our last months dropping off were the last to have our pages updated, may have actually been among the first to be updated.

We'll get the full picture over time but the Oct payment that should now be appearing in publisher's bank accounts should offer some encouragement that Pubit! is trying to make this work and to get the bugs out of the platform over time.

It added to my patience when I saw that my yesterday's sales were added to my "Number of Ebooks Sold" column - which means something is operating correctly.

If those months are supposed to still appear in our reports, I feel they'll have those up again, before those months come due. In the mean time, they may also be rechecking the sales to make sure the months are reflected accurately.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Jim-

The fact that we entered a new year shouldn't matter. If that was the case they would have at least warned us to make sure we had copies of our previous sales info  so that they could purge their system.

On another note, I used my phone to access my sales page and lo and behold I can. However sales that I know were made on Christmas day are missing from the December 2010 log. I cast out yet another email in reference to this and am still waiting for a response. So who knows.

Melissa

New User
Mocha_Memoirs_Press
0 Kudos

I agree. My sales are all blank too. *sigh. I hope they get it resolved.

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

Melissa & Mocha,

As I say in the other thread we have going on this issue, my past months are still blank as well and I-too am hoping to see them restored because it makes one think that this glitch could be affecting their accounting in-general, although this is not likely the case. If I received "zero" for November and December, that would be a big kick in the pants but I suspect they will restore those reports to us who lost them, soon.

I sent an email to them tonight, regarding the blank dropdown menu that no longer shows past months and that in-fact doesn't show January either, even though my January 1st sales are shown exclusively (nothing else).