Frequent Contributor
jalb
0 Kudos

Has anyone gotten a email response from Pubit? Has anyone sold a copy?

I've sent two emails to Pubit and received no replies. I don't know if they are overwhelmed or ignoring me.

Does anyone here know if the isbn that Pubit assigns you when you state that you have no isbn, can be used on other sites, for example the Apple iBookstore?

I've got 6 books up on both Amazon and Pubit. THey're called Passeport Gastronomique menu translators, they allow you to get translations of European menu items on your mobile device... In the past 2 weeks I've sold 21 copies on Amazon and 0 on Pubit...I'm hoping that it's just because Pubit is newly up and running. Are any of you selling???

Contributor
Notarius
0 Kudos

Re: Has anyone gotten a email response from Pubit? Has anyone sold a copy?

I’m selling an ebook where B&N assigned an ISBN/EAN to it.  These are not the recognized, official numbers sold through BOWKER, but they are unique check-digit numbers.  They are unique to B&N, the way the ASIN Amazon assigned your title on their site is unique, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you can use the same numbers on other sites, as they may not be recognized, and you can’t use them on print books because they wont be.

As far as Apple goes, you can sign up to become a content provider, but they’re only accepting BOWKER 978 EANs for their ebooks and they only accept epub formats.

I have sold a couple of ebooks through pubit since their launch.  But I contacted a lot of people to let them know it was available.

Contributor
scribblr
0 Kudos

I sent a query last week. They did reply with a canned response directing me to the help area. In other words, 'Find the answer yourself'.

I do know that the assigned numbers are not ISBN valid. They are assigned by B&N as the other responder stated. It would be nice if B&N didn't list them as a ISBN.

Contributor
KarenBJones
0 Kudos

Yeah, I got responses.  Two were helpful, one was SO not.  That was the one that, ultimately, mattered.  The other two I'd actually figured out on my own by the time I got a response.  Oh, yeah, it took 4 days or so to get a response. 

The one they weren't helpful on just said something like they were too swamped to deal with it, so go ask the discussion board (here).  Only in polite tech support speak, of course. 

I've actually raised my concern twice on this board and received no help from B&N  or the community.  Why?  Dunno, but I guess cause B&N isn't working in here and the other users don't have the answer to my question. 

I think I'll email them again about it soon. 

I think they're overloaded at the moment and don't have enough staff to provide adequate support just now.  Maybe when things cool down a bit.