Frequent Contributor
LearningIsland
0 Kudos

Have everyone's sales fallen with Nook Press?

My sales have taken a nosedive since Nook Press came out. It seems like this has not been as much of a help to independent authors as it was touted to be. My sales on other platforms have remained steady and the sales had been steady for a year or so before that. When I email B&N I just get their standard reply that all is right in their world.

I have heard that some other people had the same problem of nosediving sales and was wondering how widespread it was?

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: Have everyone's sales fallen with Nook Press?

I have to agree. My sales, at first, seemed unaffected. But as the weeks went by, my sales have all but disappeared from BN; which is quite sad. I think it is far more widespread than we would care to have and I hope things will pick up sooner rather than later.

Frequent Contributor
Angela_Beegle
0 Kudos

Me three. My sales numbers have never been anything I could live on, but two months ago I was averaging 4-6 sales a day across all titles. Last month? 49 *all month*. This month so far? 4 (four). It's terribly disheartening. Sales elsewhere are off too, but not as strikingly.
Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

Yes, the chart/graph in our new Nook sales pages, depicting six months running, tells the story for me. Looking forward, starting with January of this year, my sales look just like the steps going down from someone's back porch. Feb is lower than Jan...March is lower than Feb....April is lower than March... and May is lower than April. I'm hoping June will be the trend-breaker but it doesn't appear to be continuing as well as it started out (sales for the first 4 days, now none for 3 days, counting today so far).

I'm with Melisa, in that "I hope things will pick up sooner rather than later".

Frequent Contributor
ribbons55
0 Kudos

Me, too.  Consistently falling sales since February dwindling down to nothing lately.  I asked around among folks that write in my genre (romance) and I understand that genre wide, the same problem exists.  Something is strange about this. 

The Red Serge Novels
http://bit.ly/12UgIRh
FMP
New User
FMP
0 Kudos

I have 21 books published as ebooks. My sales have totally stopped on B& N. While my sales on Amazon US, UK, Canada have actually increased

F.M. Parker

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have an across-the-board decrease in my sales -- in other words all of the sellers carrying my titles are down a bit (time of year sales trend changes) but the decrease I see at Nook Press, still does not fit the same pattern as these others. Having from 4 to 8 days at times, of zero sales is what I'm referring to. Even with other of my slower selling venues (sounds strange for B&N to even be in that category to begin with), this type of pattern simply doesn't happen. The stops in sales also often correlate with updates in the platform -- this most recent upgrade for example. Puzzling :smileyindifferent:.

Contributor
Papa-134
0 Kudos

My sales have tumbled as well. I had 640 sales in May of 2012, and just 332 in May of 2013. In April I had 567 sales. So this doesn't jive with "it's seasonal". I'm curious if we'd be having this problem if we joined as a new author. I'm contemplating setting up a new account and migrating my books over to see if it makes a difference. But that would be a pain, so I'm hoping this is something that clears up quickly. I'm assuming everyone experiencing this problem was previously a PubIt author and migrated over to Press, and isn't a new author who started initially on Press?

Frequent Contributor
ribbons55
0 Kudos

Yep, I'm an author who migrated over.
The Red Serge Novels
Frequent Contributor
JMChristopher
0 Kudos

I migrated.

I am starting to get passed at my lack of sales. Like others I thought it might just be spring sales which were low last year too... but not this low. Plus sales should have picked up by now for summer.

The only thing I have to say though is sales are also way down at Amazon too. I think the market is just getting over saturated with ebooks now.
Frequent Contributor
JMChristopher
0 Kudos

Also want to add that I check sales several times a day and I find it strange to have 25 sales before I wake up in the morning and then 5 all day while I'm at work. Something isn't right.
Frequent Contributor
Windy30
0 Kudos

yes, same problem here, sudden decrease since nook took over.

Frequent Contributor
raines
0 Kudos

Ditto, at first sales were the same now they are practically non existent.  I think there has to be a problem. I never did this bad and I have been doing this for over two years.

New User
terry411cato
0 Kudos

I'm wondering if it's the plat form that has affected everyone's sales. Has anyone communicated this to B&N? I am a new author and am having issues with B&N PubIt responding to an issue that I am having uploading my book. I have sent 4 emails over the last two weeks ... no response. This has been disappointing. I will start my own discussion. But was wondering has anyone else had any issues with PubIt support? Thx.

terry411cato
Frequent Contributor
ribbons55
0 Kudos

PubIt and NOOK Press support are nonexistent.  They do not respond to emails nor attempted phone calls.  It took me months to get nearly 100 bogus reviews removed from my books and only then when one of our Admins did it.  We're basically on our on. 

The Red Serge Novels
Contributor
elladom40
0 Kudos

My sales came to a grinding halt within the last week. I was averaging about 30-40 sales a month, which is paltry compared to Kindle Select, but now it's even worse.
Frequent Contributor
Angela_Beegle
0 Kudos

Interestingly, I had a short burst of sales over the course of 3 days, earlier this week. I had 8 sales one day!!! followed by  2 and 3 sales. And then it stopped again. The burst of sales coincided with the release of a new title, but more than the new title sold. And, as I say, it stopped again. Argh.

Contributor
Papa-134
0 Kudos

I noticed the same couple day burst of "normal" sales before it disappeared again. Yesterday Kobo actually outsold B&N. Unheard of. Fingers crossed it gets resolved soon.

Frequent Contributor
sayndee
0 Kudos

Frankly, I have lost all faith in B&N. I have been with them just about ever since Pubit began. I never had

sales anywhere near as good as another place, but I had enough to keep my books up. Now, that has all changed. Just leaving up a few short stories. If things change, I might consider putting my novels back up. For one, their keywords have NEVER worked, one of the main reasons books do not sell well -- not visible. And, I do NOT like the fact that one has to allow lending. At least the big A gives you a choice. And I believe none of the other stores have it. They may not realize it, but loss of sales to us are also a loss of sales to them. Oh well -- go figure.

Elaine
Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

I see some slowing of sales at this time of year but not to the degree that it's happening now with my Nook Press eBooks. I am seeing Kobo and Amazon sales at lower levels right now as well but my B&N sales are the slowest (based on past sales history), which is surprizing. Hopefully we'll soon see things pick up from the seasonal slump and that B&N will recover from whatever is hindering sales. The switchover from Pubit! to Nook Press, was suposed to be an improvement, so hopefully it's still just a matter of time!