Contributor
Patrick_James
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Hey-Where did my sales information go????

Hello All:

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this situation before.  My book went up for sale on Monday (3/11/13) and I was able to see my sales numbers the next day.  When I checked yesterday by looking at the my sales tab, the numbers were there.  Today, the sales tab is blank.  It doesn't list my book title  nor does it show any sales.  I sent an email to pubit@bn.com asking why but am hoping someone might provide insight?

Patrick James
Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Re: Hey-Where did my sales information go????

So you had sales yesterday . . . right? And when you checked them you clicked on the Today Sales . . . yes? If so, those sales now show under the Yesterdays Sales tab. Then on the third day, the show up in your Monthly Sales Report.

But looking at my dashboard just now, I see Pubit is having some issues and I can't see any of my titles listed. Hopefully they'll have it fixed soon. At least i can still access my sales page :smileyindifferent:

Contributor
Patrick_James
0 Kudos

The strange thing is that there is no information shown in monthly sales, daily sales or yesterday's sales.  I sent an email to pubit last night.  Do they respond fairly quickly?

Patrick James
Contributor
Brighteyes71
0 Kudos

I have consistently had sales since the 2nd of this month, but now the last thing I show is on the 11th.  I logged on at 1 a.m. last night (The 14th) my time, and I got an error message that read 'We are experiencing technical difficulties."  I wonder if that somehow messed up the sales, because usually I get at least one sale two days from the date I make one.  Well, I'm not showing anything for tonight either, which would technically be showing sales for the 13th.  Ugh!!!!

Frequent Contributor
JMChristopher
0 Kudos

All our sales have disappeared. I'm going to start taking screen shots of my sales report at the end of every day from here on out. Because if B&N is going to pull this, I promise you, I am still getting paid for my sales.

Contributor
Patrick_James
0 Kudos

I'm sorry to hear that a lot of people are running into the same problem, but a little relieved that it isn't just me-power in numbers right?  I think that we are offered certain protections in having an ISBN associated with our book, at least from an auditing perspective.  I am new to this arena and probably naive, but B&N is a reputable company, so I'm more frustrated by the lack of accountability than nervous about being screwed over.  Just wish they were more responsive to emails directed at problems.  Still waiting to hear back from them.

Patrick James
Contributor
J_Peltonen
0 Kudos

This happens from time to time, and it always gets sorted out.  A lot of posters will start spouting off about taking legal action, even if sales reporting from the same day is delayed.  Rather than plotting legal strategy against B/N, I've always found it's more productive to let their people sort things out--which, again, they always do--and get back to writing....

Contributor
Patrick_James
0 Kudos

Yup...I agree.  As I said, they're a reputable company.  I was really getting into watching those sales numbers climb and then poof...all gone.  Hopefully they flush out the issue in a few days time.

Patrick James
Frequent Contributor
goldenstatewriter
0 Kudos

I just drop them an email to let them know that yes, their software has hung again and please fix it.

I expect it will be sorted in a few days. Being as it's a Friday, we may not see it fixed until next week.

Frequent Contributor
Money_Penny
0 Kudos

Check again now, mine have just been corrected.
Contributor
Brighteyes71
0 Kudos

Update on mine:  The sales are usually two days behind and I don't show anything for the 14th.  However, I just checked a little bit ago and the sales for the 12th and the 13th have finally showed up.  However, I did email them early in the morning so...I don't know if they needed to fix things on a wide scale, or if you will only get results if you mail them.  I really don't know.  

Contributor
Patrick_James
0 Kudos

Thanks for the updates.  Just checked and my sales are at least updated through 3/14/13, so that's progress.   As I mentioned, I am new to the Barnes and Noble world.  Do you go through this type of thing (software glitches) on a fairly consistent basis? Won't panic so much if that's the case.

Patrick James
Frequent Contributor
Money_Penny
0 Kudos

Yes!!

Frequent Contributor
Tm-Moore
0 Kudos

Yes, there is usually a two day lag in reporting on the daily sales report. I suspect that the sale is not recorded until the payment from the buyer has been processed and cleared, so I only check once a day and look at the month report instead. If I see a change in the dollar amount on the daily, that's where I go.

Theresa M. Moore
Author of the Children of The Dragon vampire series and other fiction/nonfiction books http://www.antellus.com/
Contributor
Patrick_James
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.  It looks like the same scenario again- a lag in sales reporting.  I may just check it weekly to safeguard my ego...

Patrick James
Contributor
Brighteyes71
0 Kudos

Anyone here get any sales data for the 23rd or 24th?  So far nothing for those two days.  I don't know if I just got unlucky and there's no sales for those days for me, or if something is stuck again, although I admit it seems kind of weird that I wouldn't even get 1 sale on the weekend.  Sigh.  And things were moving so much smoother once they fixed that last glitch.  Grrrrr.